Set 'stamps'?

Hey,

I’m just getting into the hooby and while looking at cards from the EX-era I realised that some have these ‘set stamps’ in their pictures while also having a version without them. I thought these were Prerelease promos but I looked for it on bulbapedia and apparently this isn’t the case. Also there are multiple cards per set that have these ‘stamps’.

So my question is:
How can I know which card from each set has a version with the stamp? Are these just the reverse holo versions?And also how these ‘stamps’ are called,if there is a name for it?

If I posted in the wrong sub just move/delete and tell me where I should post.

Thank you.

Correct, they are the reverse holo version of the card, exists for the rares, holos, commons and uncommons in most sets of the the EX era. I believe its…
Rocket Returns
Emerald
Deoxys
Unseen forces
Delta Species
Legend maker
Holon Phantoms
Crystal Guardians
Dragon Frontiers
Power Keepers
The reverse holos have the stamp as well as the holographic rarity star.

Then you do have some promos which also can be stamped with the set name, for example call of legends Snorlax.

They are just called stamped reverse, or reverse holos as far as I know, or at least that is what I call them.

2 Likes

Some of the EX sets reverse’s do not have a stamp though (fire red leaf green comes to mind off the top of my head). The commons and uncommons you’ll be able to tell though obviously cause they will be shiny in the artwork when they wouldn’t normally be. But the holo rares reverse forms will have a different “holo” pattern then it’s normal variant.

1 Like

Thank you both for the help.