Ultra-Pro 1/2" Lucite Brick 4 screw card holder?

Hi I was hoping to get some opinions on the 1/2" Lucite Brick - Deluxe Card Holder 4-Screw 1/2 Inch Thick Slab. I currently have 2 and planing to put valuable cards in them, but would like opinions first.

If it’s a valuable card everyone on here is gonna tell you to get it encapsulated by either PSA or Beckett.

The only time screw slabs are usefull is when you want to protect a sentimental card or a card that doesn’t outweigh the value of it being graded/encapsulated.

I tried the screw downs by Ultra Pro. I found that it allows quite a bit of movement so personally I wouldn’t trust it with anything that has a value above sentimental.

PSA all day is what will be recommended by myself and everyone here. It will protect your card for the long term, it’s a nice case, and there will never be a question about authenticity. There is a premium cost to this though and you will have to familiarize yourself with grading services either through PSA directly or through a 3rd party to avoid membership fees.

Alternative to PSA Slabs:
If you are a newcomer or more casual collector and not ready to dive into PSA enclosure’s, there are other things I would recommend over the screwdown.

Penny Sleeve + Semi-Ridgid holder. - Put the card in a penny sleeve, and then put it a semi-rigid holder. UltraPro makes some, but I personally prefer the Cardboard Gold CardSaver I. While flimsy (don’t bend it…) it will protect your card from any movement and dust. The good thing about using this method is that if you ever do want your card to get graded, you will not have to handle your card again. It’s ready to send off. If you don’t send it off, it’s safe in a box. I have a couple hundred of these in a box for cards that are not good enough to be graded, but too good for binders.

One Touch Magnetic Card Holder - I love these. I have a decent collection of relic, clothing and autograph cards enclosed in these from outside the Pokemon hobby. It keeps your card safe, and allows for almost no movement. It’s easy to take out of the case if needed, but will stay put too, especially if you put a little piece of tape or glue where the magnetic lockdown is. I mentioned that these are good for thick cards like clothing and relics - that’s because they come in a variety of thicknesses. I have some that allow for up ato Ultra PRO 35-Point ONE-Touch Magnetic Trading Card Holder “Ultra PRO 35-Point ONE-Touch Magnetic Trading Card Holder” which is available in a 5 pack for $8.99.

Thank you very helpful information.