Ultra Pro Snap Holders

I’m thinking about picking up some of the following to hold some non-graded cards: www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=7122&osCsid=5hd4vpiuj0ilt2hetcaj7ij5l2

Has anybody used these before? They look pretty good to me, and I like the fact that they can stack. UV protection is a plus, though I don’t know how well that works, and it’s not all that important because I won’t be leaving the cards sitting out.

I’m also open to ideas about something similar.

I’ve used these before and have not been happy with them. The problem is that the open at the drop of a hat, they are not secure at all. I would strongly advise against using these.
For me, I find I like Card Saver Ones and Ultrapro one touch holders. I’ve had lots of luck with both. I actually really like the one touches for non graded as they have a little bit of weight and feel great in the hand, similar to a poker chip.

I bought some a while back for the same reason, ungraded cards not worth being graded.

I found out why people had issues with them, they’re made for sports cards which are thicker than Pokemon.

Found an easy fix, double sleeve the card. Or use the premium sleeves that are thicker. This simple thing fixes the issue. I even tested it by dropping them to my floor from 4ft and didnt have any of them open. (granted it was carpeted).

They kinda have this weird bow which causes them to open when you use thinner cards, with a sports card or double sleeved poke card it straightens it out which equals out the pressure on the edges.

Are they better than PSA or magnetic? not at all, but neither of those are 50 cents like these are.

Thanks, this is helpful. So the magnetic holders are more secure if dropped? Also, since the magnetic holders are larger than the cards, have you had any issues with the card sliding out of the recessed area?

Did you have this issue with the mini-snap holders or the larger recessed holders? I’m surprised the cards can fit in there with sleeves–it looks to me that with sleeves, they would be too large for the mini-snaps and also too large for the recessed area in the larger holders–did you have to do anything special to get them to be secure?

I have had lots of luck in terms of “dropping”. No issues or damage that I found, that said, it’s not invincible. But it is good solid protection. No issues with them sliding around however I do sleeve them in a KMC perfect fit sleeve which fills the whole area and adds protection to those wonderful edges.

I ended up getting five one-touch holders to try them out, and I’m really satisfied with them. I will probably order more and also went ahead and got some perfect fit sleeves for them. Now I just need to get some new inner sleeves; the only ones I have are from who knows what brand and have been in my desk for years. They aren’t at all uniform in size and are inconsistent to the point that I worry about damaging cards when inserting them.

It seems KMC is the best brand for inner sleeves. Do you use hard or soft sleeves? I’m looking on their website: www.kmcsleeves.com/products.php?cat=15

I prefer hard sleeves generally, but I’m not sure if they would work well with the one-touches.

@crow, I’d like to get rid of my new sealed one touches so message me.

I picked these up for the first time the other day at the local comic shop. Only cost .50 a piece.

Did some testing where I put a card and then shook it around a lot. Minimal movement but seemingly no damage at all from being shook in this container.
It is kind of a pain to open and close. No extended use so I can’t give a more thorough review or say if it accidentally opens.

I would compare this to a standard toploader, except for added dust protection. I wouldn’t put a very valuable card in here, but it does seem decent enough as long as you aren’t handling the card/case a lot.

Card Saver or a One Touch would be the better options though.

I use KMC perfect size (soft) sleeves for my inner sleeves. I know for a fact they fit perfectly in the one touches so that’s my go to.