Ultra pro sleeves for grading card

Are these similar to card savers? Use them to send graded cards?
www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=643

No those look like penny sleeves with a cut on the edge to make it easier to insert cards to not damage the bottom corners.

Here are Ultra Pro card savers: www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-TEN-10-ULTRA-PRO-GRADED-CARD-SUBMISSION-SEMI-RIGID-HOLDERS-CARD-SAVER/174508265049?hash=item28a180ce59:g:BTQAAOSwXE5fl3NW

I’m actually buying these today too. :blush:

A case of 200 is $45 shipped ($0.23/ea.)

Ultra pro Semi-rigids:

www.ebay.com/itm/200-Count-Ultra-Pro-Semi-Rigid-Card-Holders-for-Grading-Submission-BGS-PSA-43000/193753953272?epid=4034188678&hash=item2d1ca2b3f8:g:RJQAAOSwDiZfszwP

Cardboard Gold Card saver 1’s:

www.ebay.com/itm/Cardboard-Gold-200-ct-Card-Saver-1-Semi-Rigid-Sleeves-Protectors-w-Storage-Box-I/153918310752?hash=item23d63f0960%3Ag%3A-90AAOSwCexd0xW%7E&LH_BIN=1

1 Like

Can normal penny sleeves truly damage the bottom? I’ve never seen anyone use these/it be a problem

1 Like

@millsfan it can happen with heavier (thicker) & tighter fit sleeves, but not likely with penny sleeves. You’d have to be pretty careless to have that happen. Just insert the card slowly so the border doesn’t happen to catch on the edge of the sleeve. The sleeves you linked are a solution seeking a problem, for an additional cost.

I wasn’t wondering how big of an issue penny sleeves were because I see people use penny sleeves on all cards, even old wotc. I know I do and was wondering if I should avoid penny sleeves with rare

@millsfan,

Honestly, I just laughed when I saw this product, in my personal opinion it’s great marketing double the cost and they just cut the corner off penny sleeves. I don’t think you should have any problems using a penny sleeve, perfect fits can be annoying but I only use them for TCG play.

vr

odds

Do not buy those easy grade penny sleeves. I’ve bought them before and they are infinitely worse to use than your standard penny sleeves. Granted, I used them for sports cards (20 pt thickness) so it could be different since pokemon cards are thinner. However, the main attraction with easy grade is that they’re supposed to make it easier to slide sports cards in because corners get caught on them much easier. I’ve never had that issue with pokemon card since they’re thinner and smaller.

If you’re worried about catching the corner of a pokemon card, I’d suggest just cutting the corner off the penny sleeve or using a knife and making a small cut on the side of the penny sleeve so it’s easier to slide in. Again, I’ve only ever had to do that for sports cards, not pokemon, but ymmv.

I think I do the penny sleeve carefully. I was wondering what these were thank you

I just acquired 1960s topps cards from a friend. So these look thicker than Pokémon cards. What type of sleeve should these go in?