Thoughts on Phantom Display Cases?

Not sure if this is the right thread. But is everyone’s opinion on the acrylic phantom cases for slabs?

3 Likes

I love Phantom Display’s acrylics. The owner, Simon, is honestly one of the best guys in our hobby. I think they’re one of the few companies out there using the highest quality for their products. He does not cut corners with what he puts out there.

I’ve even used them for creating customs pieces for other collectibles I own.

10 Likes

At first I think some people were like, “wait we are doing cases for out cases now”. But its a smart idea for displaying higher value cards!

3 Likes

I like that it’s UV protected

5 Likes

From the reviews I saw the cases are crystal clear which is nice

1 Like

Looks like there’s a graded guard case on the PSA slab, so it’s literally a case for a case for a case for a card!

Yo-Dawg-Heard-You

7 Likes

Yeah but with this there is UV protection, which is the Achilles heal of graded cases. Also it looks better as a display vs graded guard imo.

3 Likes

It is lol but techincally both companies are aiming to target different needs for the slabs.

GradedGuard, as the name implies, is more so for protection of the slab while adding a fun color compliment to the card.

Phantom Display’s goal is a purely for display and showcasing a card.

So techinally the two do a DBZ fusion dance and create the “perfect form” PSA protected display case lol

5 Likes

Some people may not like it, that’s fine. But I think it looks good for displaying a card on your table with that added UV protection.

1 Like

Some of my graded cards I brought to most recent Regionals to trade / sell got scratches on the case from pulling them in and out of boxes, being passed around, and getting dropped. If I bring anything high end to next event I will probably use these as I’m rather clumsy.

4 Likes

Not my thing but it looks like a solid product, elegant design with the recessed magnets. Just browsed the website, looks much better without the graded guard and I particularly like the N64 game display, that’s something I would actually consider.

1 Like

I have the triple PSA card display and I’m a big fan. I’ve purchased a bunch of different display cases before from eBay and Etsy but none of them were as good as Phantom Display.

1 Like

I am personally not a big fan but only for an individual case specifically. I guess I could understand if it is a big card and you want UV protection for that specific card. I prefer, if I am going to display, I like displaying quite a few cards and they have some awesome ones on Etsy with UV protection as a clear frame.

Tried going to the phantom display website after reading these posts and got “store not active” error. Is anyone else having similar errors?

@pokecollectoramy I didn’t have any issue loading the site.

I didn’t realize they made cases for other items as well. I’ve been looking for a new case for my Pokemon Stadium box that is more than just flimsy plastic and they have one that looks very nice. Although, it’s sold out for the time being. All of their products look high quality and seem to present the items inside very well.

Yeah it’s really strange. This is what I get on chrome and Firefox, with VPN and without lol

That’s really strange. Do you get the same error if you try on a different device? I’m assuming you’re using a computer, can you try your phone?

I would like one for my 1st edition shadowless charizard but at the same time I never display any of my slabs so… It’s cool, but not necessary for me.

I think they look really cool. Would buy them if I’d display my cards …and if I actually had high tier cards!

Their website is phantom displayed :smirk:

2 Likes