Thoughts on Phantom Display Cases?

I don’t have any graded cards and don’t know much about PSA. I understand grading a card and having it in a case to keep it protected from damage, but can someone explain to me the purpose of putting a card that is already in a case into yet another case? I just don’t get it. Is there something about it that the case the card is already in doesn’t have?

Is there a reason why PSA and other graded case companies don’t offer UV protection?

I use them as extra layer of protection for some of my higher value cards. I think they look great

4 Likes

UV Protection & display. I don’t think it makes sense for many cards, mainly higher value items. I actually only have them for a couple cards. Here is a quick example:

4 Likes

Okay, that makes sense. Thank you! I will say it does look pretty great for display! If I graded my cards, though, I would only do that for the higher value items like you said. I feel like it would be a waste of money otherwise. I was looking at the comments after I commented, and @qwachansey said some of their graded card cases got scratched during events, so I definitely understand getting the extra protection for that reason.

Are there any other display cases out there at a cheaper price point offering UV protection?

That magic card! :eyes:

1 Like

Yep was on my phone. Just tried on iPad and it worked. Super super odd lol

1 Like

Look good on display

7 Likes

Case me up bro

4 Likes

Get one, you’ll never regret it. Premium feel, great clarity (even in direct sunlight) and makes your slab great to display (imo)

1 Like

Such a beautiful card!

This is what I envisioned when I asked about the cases. But with shadowless instead of unlimited and preferably behind a glass case or detlof case.

3 Likes

Well my old collection pictures were in an IKEA besta with doors. But I don’t think I have any pics standing away from it anymore.

2 Likes

This man ‘Stoises.

4 Likes

Is this your card? :eyes::eyes::eyes:

1 Like

Wild blastoise collection!

Really tempted to jump on the wagon for Phantom Display. I also saw that the owner, Simon, went on social media explaining how one production run of the cases had some issues and what exactly the company is doing to rectify that, so he has my respect. I think for some of my higher end graded, I’m gonna try them out. I still think Vhett shields might look better though since it has the pops of color and designs :eyes::eyes:

1 Like

Yeah, acquired it this year after searching for so long :relieved:

I’m not sure if this is bait, how much are phantom slab holders and how do they stand.?