M1nt Cases

New gimmick?

Just came across this on instagram. Apparently it’s not a new grading company. They claim to work with partnered graders to transfer graded cards out of their slab into their M1NT Cases. Thoughts?

1 Like

they do have a point.

but… Its all about the small piece of paper (label) that matters. High grade matters.

2 Likes

Just another unnecessary product.

18 Likes

Looks like a hyped regular case, or I’m missing smth.

3 Likes

Except they use the greatest material in the world! Whatever that means…

That materials name… Hype. Its also a nonrenewable resource and bad for the planet in general.

14 Likes

A case for your card!

Yes I understand the irony in me saying that when we grade our cards

5 Likes

The product is neat. I feel like display options are limited and have always been an unexploited market.

The video is hard to watch though. Did they really describe magnets as electromagnetic technology??

9 Likes

magic-how-do-they-work

17 Likes

So the choice between variant 1
well-known, established on the market, has something to say

and variant 2
pretty, nobody knows, some important people say that’s the hot shit

hard choice

Yes, and it was incredibly cringe

What would make someone choose this over a magnet one touch?

7 Likes

The marketing is incredibly off-putting but I don’t think it’s a bad idea. The reflective glass borders completely overwhelms the card but they do mention “endless designs of future generations” on the website.

It’s the Tesla of card display :man_shrugging:

1 Like

At least Tesla offers something others cards don’t. My other vehicles can’t drive themselves. This case just feels like a new paint job being pitched as a new feature.

For those who aren’t aware, One touch cases are uv protective. Most people, myself included use them for cards to display they don’t want graded.

7 Likes

I think they look kinda cool, but I doubt it’s going to be cheap enough for me to be interested.

2 Likes

I applaud and respect those trying to make businesses within our nerdy sector, At the same time, I don’t see the value. Better than the people who wrap their graded case in colorful rubber protectors. I will never understand that one.

3 Likes

Wow, that video. Haha. Electromagnetic technology!

I wish there was a really simple, understated and UV protected case that could easily slot into a nice gallery style deep white frame with plenty of breathing room for the card. Similar things exist, but to my knowledge there’s nothing quite like that.

‘‘This display is…the greatest display in the world’’… uhm ok no thanks! arrogancy at its finest.

4 Likes

But, but, but if you buy their overpriced “One touch cases” you may later buy their other overpriced electromegantic technology case with LED lighting and probably an NFT. THE BEST as well.

4 Likes