Thoughts on Japanese VS Movie cards

Hello, I just wanted to hear everyone’s thoughts on the Japanese VS movie cards. I really like the art work on these cards and they always remind me of my favorite movies. Let me know what you think and thanks for looking.
Here are a few from my collection.

9 Likes

It’s another lost treasure that I’m sure would be gladly welcomed if they were revived. Great art choice for your icon btw.

2 Likes

I like them. I will say I prefer the ones that use scenes from the movie instead of random art though. The movies hold a special place in my heart and it was actually watching I Choose You, Pikachu in theaters that got me back into collecting the TCG.

2 Likes

I love the Japanese VS Half Decks :blush:

Slowly getting all of them sealed again for my collection, but with the prices of the Lenticular Deoxys and Alto Mares Lati@s being the way they are… I don’t know if I’ll get those 2 decks again. I have a full set of them all opened though, and I love looking through and admiring the artworks!

Some of my favourites include Misty’s Politoed (I have the first PSA 10 that went through…), Audrey’s Masquerain & Kathryn’s Surskit (I have 2 PSA 10 of each of those lol)

2 Likes

By far some of my favorite cards made! The Latios/Latias as others mentioned is super amazing.

3 Likes

Yeah it would be awesome if they brought them back and thanks. The Natta Wake Hoppip is definitely one of my favorite cards, it was one of the first PSA 10’s I bought when I got back into collecting.

1 Like

Yeah also have these two in my binder collection. I collect Latios and Latias cards and these two are by far my favorite.

1 Like

I agree the sealed packs are getting harder to find especially the Alto Mares set. I also agree with you on the Politoed card it is one of my favorite cards from the movie sets as well.

1 Like

From the start the movie cards became the gateway reveal into the next generation whilst carrying the then style at the present moment making them as unque moments in Pokémon’s time. A unique generational transitioning in motion.

2 Likes