The PWCC Megathread

Yep, completely agreed. It would be easier if they had a PWCC vault. :confused:

1 Like

Send them the link to this thread.

2 Likes

My PWCC order was shipped yesterday, and arrived today. 7 days after payment; no problem with that.

Btw. I do not really get the enthusiasm for vaults. I consider it way too risky to have significant value stored with a third party that has no real deposit guarantee. Plus, as a collector I want to look at my cards.

1 Like

I did haha

2 Likes

Let me guess, you are American?

4 Likes

The truth is most people do it for the sales tax benefits. Climate control and safety is nice too obviously. I also hate being away from my comics and cards though, so agree on that point

1 Like

I hate being away from my cards but my anxiety over having everything in one place makes it hard to enjoy having rare cards on me. I keep my cards in four separate locations as I am scared of a fire or flood destroying my whole collection.

Back in high school I ran the Pokémon Club and would keep cards in my locker. My school was right by Manhattan’s East River. The locker room was in the basement and was completely flooded during Hurricane Sandy destroying or washing away everything I’d left in the locker. Since then I’ve been pretty paranoid about this kind of stuff.

5 Likes

Agree, I get the sales tax benefit. But one can send the item to the vault and then immediately ship it to avoid that, no? (or at least once the 3% fee goes down to 1% after a week weeks). Safety is an aspect I cannot deny. Climate control less relevant when collecting graded cards, right?

You’d be surprised, graded cards are definitely prone to humidity damage.

2 Likes

Witnessing that, I can fully understand! Must have been a brutal experience given how much these cards meant to us in high school (and still do ofc, but it is different, at least for me).

1 Like

Thank you for making me aware of that, I did not know that and will definetly be more careful. While I have a hygrometer in my collector room, I barely check it. Thanks, maybe you saved a few of my cards (I have few in frames in other rooms where humidity can rise and fall).

3 Likes

You’re very likely fine but better safe than sorry., there was a horror story I saw where someone kept their graded cards right next to the shower and the non stop humidity fluctuations warped them.

I use drying cabinets for this reason. Ignore the hygrometer readings, this was when they were brand new and I was setting everything up. I normally keep at 45%.

10 Likes

That’s good to hear! Maybe they’ve worked the kinks out. I had a Sunday auction take 3.5 weeks from payment to delivery. The next one came a little quicker, only two weeks total. Not a big deal, I’m just used to getting them in less than a week from auction to delivery.

1 Like

I’m approaching Day 12 for a 3-card vault shipment. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Degeneracy continues…

https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/items/3826255/1999-pokemon-base-set-holo-charizard-4-psa-auth

11 Likes

Who needs to pay card altering/cleaning services to maybe get a higher grade and earn a little cash with all the risk associated with it. Simply just wreck the card yourself and make a big premium.

1 Like

I think pwcc vault is a pretty decent, easy option for people who are beginning to own more valuable cards. It probably provides more adequate, secure storage than the average person’s house. Plus delaying the taxes and having a place to directly ship items purchased in the US to (non-american buyers) is nice.

1 Like

@Dyl I seriously came back to the thread to post that Charizard. It will take some of them to sell for next to nothing so the trend stops.

2 Likes

Agreed. We really don’t know how many “copy cats” are being graded as we speak. As long as people can make money, they’ll be willing to continue this trend.

1 Like

That is one ugly psa 9 zard :nauseated_face: