The Giant Deal Thread

You wake up tomorrow and Blastoise was the top card of Pokemon. Everything you remember about Charizard is Berenstein’ed away

What’s the top Blastoise card after f base variants?

1 Like

“Top” in terms of price or how iconic the card is? The most iconic non-Base Blastoise has to be Dark Blastoise, right? In terms of price, it’s probably close competition between Expedition Blastoise, FRLG Blastoise ex, and 1st Ed. Dark Blastoise.

1st edition holo Dark Blastoise

1 Like

Plasma Storm secret rare Blastoise

2 Likes

Think I’d agree with this one

1st dark charizard isn’t the top dog so in my fantasy other world this would be the next best blastoise

We have no gold star or crystal either, interesting to think about what those would have looked like in this alternate blastoise loving world

There is a kind-of Crystal Blastoise:

It wouldn’t be nearly as expensive as some other Blastoises, but it’s the closest to a Crystal one there is.

2 Likes

The lottery promo Blastoise might also go high in this world if there are so few chase Blastoise to obtain

4 Likes

I’m unsure if it would be value wise, but I have always loved Blastoise ex from EX FireRed & LeafGreen

6 Likes

My favorites are Expedition and CD Promo, but I don’t think either of those would be the most valuable since one is Japanese only and the other comes from Expedition (which still doesn’t receive a ton of love for some reason).
Lottery promo is a cool and rare release, but personally I don’t find the artwork very appealing + there is a Lottery Zard (with better artwork) that isn’t the second most valuable Zard behind the 1st Ed Base version either.

Honestly I think 1st Ed TR Dark Blastoise would take the cake since I feel demand and popularity outweigh rarity most of the time.

3 Likes

Ahh I love your taste, before I read through your post I was going to mention the Expedition artwork as being absolutely fantastic. And of course that CD Promo / Squirtle Intro Pack Blastoise is such a classic, even if it’s not rare at all.

2 Likes

The EX trio is the best one after Base, don’t @ me

3 Likes

Imo, 1st Edition Dark Blastoise, no question. This isn’t my personal taste necessarily, just the Blastoise I think would be most desired by a fairly large margin in this hypothetical.

1 Like

If there’s a shiny blastoise in shiny star v that would be pretty hype no lie.

But I’m going with expedition blastoise as well. Hands down my favourite artwork out of the existing blastoise cards though the cd promo is terrific as well. These are further down the totem pole but I really liked pop series 3 and the tag team arita/komayama arts as well.

1 Like

Prototoise. :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably Dark Blastoise 1st edition, since that one has a pretty solid artwork and is pretty popular.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

wata 9.4 sealed red / blue

comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/pokemon-blue-wata-94-a-sealed-black-esrb-later-production-gb-nintendo-1998-usa/p/7236-52046.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/pokemon-red-wata-94-a-sealed-pixel-esrb-early-production-gb-nintendo-1998-usa/p/7236-127001.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

2 Likes

Expedition Blastoise without question. Cd promo/squirtle deck promo after that

2 Likes

@fazool, The answer is Blastoise from Crystal Guardians illustrated by Kouki Saitou

Trust me, I know

2 Likes

You cant beat dark blastoise. That art blows all other art from that set out of the water.

1 Like

Snap Articuno went for over 30k!

10 Likes

No rarity Charizard BGS 8 25K+ sale. Know plenty who have and holding as well. Boom soon