The Giant Deal Thread

Thanks for the insight. Some I understand and some I kinda don’t, but you’re the guy with the money at the end of the day so I guess it’s your call. I know for sure that Blastoise, for example, is not going to be hitting that price every time. What I don’t like is that it’ll be hard to find people willing to sell for much less for a while until they realize there aren’t many buyers at that price for more average-looking 9s. Who knows though, Blastoise is one of the ones I see the fewest of. The price I have in mind is $350 once I collect the money (probably within a month). Do you still think it’s possible to get a Blastoise 9 for that?

While I can’t see the future I’d expect that people will list theirs as high if they check sold listings. I think your offer is fair until we see a couple more sales at the $500 mark which may very well happen as this card has been pretty low for some time now. There’s never been a public sale for one above your offer besides the one I just bought so there needs to be another couple buyers that pay $350-$500. That said, there were two bidders below me which is what drove the price up in the first place so if you offer $350 and they offer $500, they’ll be the ones getting the card.

1 Like

Damn unown, you keep finding awesome niche cards so easily…please tell me your secret.

Is this the first time Mio Muroi listed his card for sale?

And yay! 10,000th post in this thread :grin:

This is not the first copy to come up for sale.

2 Likes

As always, thanks for your quick replies to my questions :blush:

All I can say is good luck. That card has a lot going for it, it was more than due for an increase if you compare to his 1st Ed brother or even just the crazy growth Shadowless Charizard has seen in the past few months. A $350 Blastoise and a $2000+ Charizard don’t make sense to me. I also think your offer is fair, but you should probably expect to pay closer to $500 at this point.

1 Like

This reminds me when the Charizard 1st Ed psa 10 initially entered the 18k range. The Blastoise was still at 3k, and I remember telling people, the gap is going to close. Even at Worlds a long time collector casually said, “it makes no sense why Blastoise & Venusaur aren’t 10k if Charizard is 20K”. A great example of the perception of value. :blush:

5 Likes

You sure did and you were absolutely right.
Now I’m going to go out on a limb here and say next year the blast will crack the 15k barrier or get very close to it.

2 Likes

Stop talking up Venusaur! I’ve yet to get myself a PSA9 or better grade copy!
I don’t want to sell the blood of my unborn yet to be able to get one.

1 Like

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F222752372831
Topps galore

1 Like

No Caterpie = deal breaker.

4 Likes

I dont understand the appeal of Topps or why the price, it goes over my head, why ? :blush:

A good portion of the series 2 Tekno sat on eBay for months from canman at $700. He’s one of the more well known Topps collectors. He generally prices slightly above market and plays the long game. This set is certainly a feat, but not more than $3000 upgraded. The Tekno cards routinely sell at auction for $25 each with one bid. Most notably Charizard last month (yes, $25).

I imagine the price is based on Chrome boxes going for $250-$350 each. If I remember correctly, the Tekno comes one per box.

could you link that charizard please and agree 3000 to 4000 seems a good price point I have seen a series 2 sparkle set sell for 800 and the series 2 tekno st sold for 1500 so 3000 to 4000 seems perfect but what an amazing set to have

Secret? Stalk Yahoo Japan and similar sites daily :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Something went wrong in that zard listing… I won one of mine in auction 2 years ago for $250+ with 3 other guys who were ready to pay over $200. I would buy every tekno zards in the 250 range…

Btw quick personal minimum value of the lot:
Tekno 149×25 = 3725
Sparkle 150×15 = 2250
Spectra 150×10 = 1500
Base 151 = 200

Zard tekno 250
Zard sparkle 50
Zard spectra 30

Total 8k (at least)
3 or 4k is an absolute steal

1 Like

good thing i saw this coming and got on em before the price jumps :nerd_face: a few months later they went from 2k-4k to like 6-8 xD depending on which holo your talking about :ninja:

shut up garinson, you were to slow.

I told you gen to buy ven and many otherbz… but no, you had to be a dickface.

anyone got any for sale for pre price jump prices? :nerd_face: do the community a favour? help a fellow collector? then i can resell to @genosha for 2% under current market prices because steals.

p.S : I scored another gem mint no rarirterb recently. Was it a holo? or perhaps a lonely common caterpie

GOOD GOD OF THE BASE SET SALES… Can someone loan me some dollans to purchase this at 20% interest. Because I need it, it will be really good for me. how about 80% interest. sounds good.

www.ebay.com/itm/292368460307?rmvSB=true

Yeah somehow I was lucky enough to pull 2 from the several boxes that I opened. Each sold $200-$300 range iirc. Tekno came ~2 per box, sparkle was ~4 per box and spectra ~18 per box.

2 Likes

stop sharing the good cards. xD

I dont mind you sharing this one though cause its literally a POS, but i wish you were banished from this thread. :nerd_face:

infact the mods should be auto blocking all incoming posts from unkown on everyones account on this thread.

1 Like