The Giant Deal Thread

Looser than a wizard’s sleeve…but that’s probably just cos it’s been sitting out in Hong Kong for ages, humidity and heat of the place warped the wrapping? Doesn’t look ripped, but the photos appear to have been taken using a Cucumber plus. I’d buy it to open if I had the cash handy!

1 Like

Should be buying this myself…

www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pokemon-Expedition-Set-complete-Holos-and-Non-Holos-Mostly-NM/112668183088

1 Like

That would be quite a bold claim to make… lol

I think at $50 a piece it’s still a great price, regardless how many thousands are out there. I don’t see the 10s going any lower tbh. If it weren’t for this situation you’d be looking at probably $500-700 on each card in PSA 10.

Can you link me the seller? Thanks

PSA 9 Zards

Legit good deal IMO. I’ve been tempted to buy, but I can’t be bothered dealing with customs or paying $40-50 extra for GSP shipping. About $800 worth of Zards($350 LC and $150 each the 3 other ones). Seller might bring the price down to $600 if no one bites by auction end.

Edit: The back on the LC looks a little rough for a 9 though… Seeing a lot of very soft 9s recently. Makes me want to crack some 8s I have. lol

Yeah it’s hard to find a good PSA card these days. Real struggling and stressful lol. Some sellers don’t care about questionable cards inside PSA cases, they just use the “if it’s graded 10, it’s a 10” statement.

Sellers are god damn patient, I’ll give them that.

Would you rather I look at my card and say, the PSA label says it’s a 10, but it’s really a 9? What’s the point of sending it to a perfessional grading company, get their opinion of what grade it deserves, then ignore the grade? Horribily off graded examples where a card clearly had damage missed, not a speck but clear damage, sure.

In most cases, this isn’t what people reffer to, they’re reffering to small examples where a card isn’t quite to your standard and you disagree with the grade. Grading is subjective, if PSA puts the grade on their case and you disagree with it that’s fine, don’t buy it. Expecting someone else to sell it for something it’s not is a weird request.

5 Likes

I think you misunderstood me. Sorry if I wasn’t making myself clear.

One seller in particular had a PSA 10 card (mildly OC, some edge wear and white dots). Priced the same or higher than another card of the same grade. I pointed them out to this seller. He flatout told me that PSA doesn’t make any mistake and that it’s graded 10, it’s a 10. I asked him for a discount, which he refused. Why, because he’s following the market. Okay, then. 2nd seller did the same thing, basically.

I offer 5~20% discount if a certain PSA 10 card is more imperfect than another card of the same grade within the same time frame. I think that’s fair. If sellers say no, that’s fine. Only end result is that it’ll take me longer to find a card that’s suitable. Not too long ago I’m back in the game, so all these negative feelings are hitting me hard, lol.

edit: also refering to certain sellers who abuse the re-grade (even in good faith) process, end up being happy with weak PSA 10s and sell them “as is” without admitting the imperfections, but also question or keep re-grading thier lower graded PSA cards? the irony. Oh, if I buy it, it’s my responsibility to use the PSA FG? Err, too much of a hassle, considering I’m not from the US, so no ty.Also the point of grading cards is mainly for authenticity… You’ve no idea how many good fakes are out there. If you don’t see them, you’ll see them in the future.

Just buy Beckett 10s if you’re completely anal about condition past the point of what a PSA 10 is.

2 Likes

After making yourself clear, it still sounds to me like you’re just complaining that sellers don’t give you a lower price that aligns with your own opinion rather than them selling at market price that aligns with PSA’s opinion.

1 Like

No, I’m not complaining or lashing out at sellers. It’s just that I had forgotten what the long-game felt like, since I just got back into the game recently. Certain sellers don’t accept prices (even at 5% discount or more) regardless of anything. That’s reality, I re-acknowledge that now.

Let’s not contiune this any further. To the mods, I apologise.

People will pay differently depending on how good a 10 is. I wouldn’t ever debate a seller since they never care beyond grade in my experience, but the results will show at auction.

Also don’t try to convince me beckett is better lol, we’ve seen their failings recently and anything below 9.5 is a joke with them.

1 Like

So if Beckett and PSA both are too inconsistent why even bother getting graded cards? I don’t get it. That’s the reason we grade cards: for the certified and (mostly) objective condition scale. Sure, some cards look ridiculous with the label they have but that is less than one percent. The reason someone is grading a card and selling it is because most buyers won’t go through the back and forth bullshit over close up pictures for condition. I don’t even have to see the backs of cards when I buy PSA graded cards. It just doesn’t occur to me to question it. If there actually is some sort of significant problem, PSA offers a financial guarantee.

2 Likes

I think most everyone would do the same thing.

If the most reputable grading company in Pokemon gives a card a 10, it is a 10 and deserves to be sold as a 10. Now, obviously, whether or not it sells or how much it sells for is based on the subjectivity of the consumer, which is why you’ll sometimes see some PSA 10 cards sell for less than others of the same exact card in auctions. But, you can’t fault the seller for attempting to follow the market. It’s how business works.

Yes, Pokemon is fun and it is a hobby, but at the heart of it, it’s still a business. You can’t expect sellers to change their prices or the way they operate based on your discretion.

1 Like

ebay.com/itm/152810686340

Another one was just sold (BIN) after this one came up. Things are looking good, I hope it stays like that within the next year.

It’s such a badly drawn Zard :confused:

dat neck

1 Like

Indeed. I’m not a fan of that artwork at all… The other Crystal cards look quite good though.

I beg to differ a little bit… PSA 10/BGS 9.5 show that there is practically nothing wrong with the card, except for the small issues one can see, so grading does give the guarantee that there is no huge crease or anything on the card, while there are some exceptions those grades are often subject to reimbursement from the grading company after they admit their error.

Originally I started with grading for profit but recently I also started building my own collection to keep for a long time so I’m a bit split on this opinion right now, in principle I think that a 10 is a 10 and it shouldn’t matter, but I also find it entirely justified that a weaker 10 will get less attention at an auction. Even though when selling a weak 10 I am more afraid of a buyer that will complain to me. On the buying side I sometimes care but I’m not too nitpicky, even though I find it hard to justify picking up a card that shows whitening on the back edges if my intention is to grade it for my own collection.

2 Likes

blasphemy - i love that card!

1 Like

bad enough for people to want this certain Japanese card, I’m good with that :blush: The Japanese cards need more attention/exposure.

but IMO, this is a fine looking art, better in person. I prefer it than shining, exp and dark charizards. The charizards from newer sets are far more ugly.

1 Like