The giant auction thread

Here is it’s twin brother (PSA 9). They are identical except one has settled down and will never be for sale and the other is living it up on ebay ;D

GAHHH that makes me want it even more now^^ I really do wish I could just buy it right now and the english one too

Yes those cards are very sought after, basically by everyone who has seen them!

yeah maybe one day…^^ right now I am after all the easier ones ^^
But since I dont know how to use Y!J or the other two sites that help I need help in getting the cards I am after…

That is good! It is better to build up to the larger one’s. Unless of course you run into money :blush:

Exactly… I am right now trying to find someone that can help me get ahold of some cards that I found on Y!J

You know that there is a middle man service you can use to purchase them. Thanks to a lot of members on here the knowledge of the sites is common place.

The site I use is noppin.com You can join the site and you have to put a deposit down to make purchases and you just bid on the auctions and pay shipping and some fee’s. Shipping is usually high since they use express as a standard but the upside is that it arrives in 3-5 days :blush:

Anyway if you need help you can send me a pm or ask around on here!

Or - just read the guide to Y!J in the Insider’s Bureau (which you must’ve seen as you were on your way to post here?)

More - I wish desperately I can find the others in this series:

page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w62591376
page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d118968251

I doubt you’ll ever get the second one cheaper than that!

Why are the pikachu and machamp one the most common?

My theory is that as these were the participation prizes, those two events had the most attendees, hence that much more common

Tried to make sense of it from approximate populations (more people more participants theory) on wikipedia

Chubu (Magikarp + Hitmonchan) 21,886,324
Hokkadio (Teddiursa + Snover) 5,507,456
Shikikou (Qwilfish + Clamperl) 4,141,955
Kyushu (Numel + Magby) 13,231,995
Kansai (Meowth + Stantler) 22,732,176
Kanto (Pikachu + Pichu) 42,607,376
Northeast (Jirachi + Celebi) 9,708,257

Makes sense that Pikachu + Pichu and Hitmonchan + Magikarp are more seen than others, although I rarely see Meowth + Stantler which has over 20 million in population.

So my guess is that Meowth & Stantler is actually the least common, so interesting to see those figures.

The mathmo in me wants to point out the imperfect correlation between tournament attendance size and population, and limitations of the law of large numbers and the lack of independence inherent in the data set (quite easy for someone in e.g. Kanto to go to Hokkaido if they really wanted to).

But I won’t :grin:

If anyone wants to sell these I am definitely willing to pay above the market price for these. They are my holy grail for now. I just can’t find the others anywhere!

@dogma - I know where to find five of the [Pokémon Pal City, Battle Road 2007] cards, though they are quite expensive… (≈$40 each). What is the market price for these, anyway?

I need the Pichu and Pikachu Pal City card… and I missed the auction too for it T_T anyone know where I can find one?

Shush DJ! (Don’t drive up the price we can work something out :wink: )

@uu: I’ve sent you a PM

I think market price is around that range. The steady prices I have seen are in jimmy hume’s auctions when he lists those cards. I won the stantler/meowth from him and I think after conversion I was at $50.

Either way they are some of the best illustrated new cards!

No thats too much.

The latest auctions have them at around £13 (and that was Meowth/Stantler, from Jimmy). When they appear they go for a reasonable price, but its finding them in time that’s the trouble

Really when was this? I paid real high for mine, and the other two were about $30 a piece.

12 April

Its the accepted market price from the auctions I’ve seen on eBay for some time, for all the versions. You just need to get in there quick - ironically us lot would drive the price back up if we jumped on an auction