The Giant Art Thread

https://www.behance.net/AdamWorks

Adam Rufino’s wonderful Tolkien-styled Pokemon maps, after Pauline Baynes:

22 Likes

Wow. These are all absolutely stunning! Gotta be honest though, the Kanto map just hits different. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

My favorite too!

1 Like

That is an amazing Kusube card. Not usually as big a fan of the newer work, but Damn!

1 Like

They’re all there, in the link from @c0ll3ct0r, but I honestly, think I like the Sinnoh map the best

3 Likes

Noriko Hotta, one of the reasons why HGSS sets are so beautiful. Last card Hotta made was 1 in BW base :frowning:

Sidenote: I wish Pokemon had high quality scans of cards that showcased holo and texture…

4 Likes

I wish for the same thing too, I’ve scanned all of my collection thus far but some holo effects just won’t capture in the scan… Texture is out of the question of course haha.

Sharing an Azumarill from my collection!

8 Likes

(C) Robyn Haley

15 Likes

A proper evil Houndoom, a sporty Slowbro and an attentive Quagsire. Aquapolis is as good as it gets for non-holo rare sections:

12 Likes

Damn. The look of the girl is amazing but too bad the pokemon is disgustingly ugly nightmare fuel.

“I think in his heart, Frodo’s still in love with the Shire. The woods, the fields. Little rivers.”

7 Likes

:waning_crescent_moon: :exploding_head: :dizzy_face:
Sowsow Lunatone - VStar Universe

13 Likes

Perfect Chelicerates

5 Likes

21 Likes

5248f863dfdceb47

13 Likes

Plenty of great art where that came from

https://twitter.com/oshiruko_s2?s=21&t=Utt3Rf_lx0lLDNhtoSoRiw

2 Likes

Steam Siege gets a lot of crap, but some of the art in the set is absolutely stunning. Take this Nidoking.

The artist, Mina Nakai, does an incredible job with framing the Pokemon in white so your eye is locked onto the subject of the painting. It has almost a cell-shaded, water-color feel, similar to something like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX. I think I’m almost definitely picking up a PSA copy of this, which will mean that I’ll be one of the only people with anything graded from Steam Siege haha.

16 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes