The Giant Art Thread

Tentacruel is my favorite Aquapolis holo. Creepy deep-sea vibes

3 Likes

Friends of Dr Connors :lizard:

5 Likes

The art on this card has always seemed so outlandish for Pokémon, I love how menacing Alakazam looks.

s-l500

It reminds me of the mummy in Courage the Cowardly Dog. This thing gave me so many nightmares when I was a kid:

MV5BYmI4YjliNzItMWY0NC00NjcyLWI1NTctMGRmMWZhOGE0ZTYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODI2MzY2NTM@.V1_QL75_UY281_CR155,0,190,281

9 Likes

RETURN THE SLAB

7 Likes

8 Likes

While cataloging my vmax universe stuff, I had a double take on this magnezone card thinking it was an Arita lol.

2 Likes

Mount Fuji relax Zone

12 Likes
9 Likes

A little holiday cheer. I have a small delibird collection, and this is one of my favorite arts. It also tells a little story… Always such a festive pokemon. Have a cheery and fun holiday(s) season, everyone!

animatedDelibirdV2

edit: Updated gif to newer, mo’ better version!

11 Likes

Can we discuss how disturbing Brock’s Crobat looks with lips?! Why did Yoshikawa give it lips? :nauseated_face:

25 Likes

11 Likes

The rabbit hole goes deeper, those teeth are not the upper canines:

13 Likes

Also, perhaps we need another thread for this, when I see that Yoshikawa Crobat I see what I would’ve wanted from a Snap-like set. Sufficiently different from the final versions used in Stadium 2 but instantly recognizable. As a child I hated the Aquapolis boosters, absolutely hated them. It got to the point where if I saw that light blue stuff with the squares pattern in the distance at the store counter, I sighed in my heart and knew I wouldn’t be able to buy any Pokemon cards that day.

The problem was that, while Expedition had renders that looked a touch similar they were nowhere near as close to the straight Stadium 2 spirtes like the Aquapolis and Skyridge packs (except Ho-Oh and Tyranitar.) DOES NOT COMPUTE, error error! I didn’t want my stadium game mixed with tcg! A bit crazy in hindsight maybe considering my taste now, but I still think I would’ve appreciated something like this. A very fine line being trod between making them “just good CG art” unrelated to the games and pure copies if that makes sense.

Oh what could have been! :sob: :sob:

2 Likes

May the new Year be less intimidate than this Meeting

23 Likes

I just love this artwork of Zekrom from Roaring Skies…

8 Likes

kawayoo Zekrom again

9 Likes

I’m dreaming of the day if the TCG incorporates this art style into a promo

3 Likes

@zubat . Sure would make a nice FA Stadium Card

So good. Zekrom is becoming a new favorite for me, it’s arts are so nice.

I stumbled across these postcards which tell a story about two Farfetch’d and their training to become the very best. IDK if they’re in the right order, but it tells a story that I think is fitting:

15 Likes