the annoying fake reaction guy stoops to new low for kids

Misinformation, overhyped reactions and all that other youtube nonsense aside his worst content is really pushing the illegal fake cards for profit. He gets PAID to promote ILLEGAL, copyright infringing, garbage, fake cards.

3 Likes

I saw this video because it was suggested next to the video posted here. Is it me or are leonharts voice and expressions getting more fake/forced than before.

We are more than a channel weā€™re a community Bs.

we are more than a channel, weā€™re a community.
Now give me all your cards so i have content that i can print ad-revenue out of ;^)

1 Like

Never realized how much Leonhart sounds like Markiplier lol

3 Likes

Iā€™m not the only one. In pretty sure he tried copying that format. The sincerest form of flattery is imitation.

If I was 11 years old Iā€™d probably enjoy his videos, which I think is the point.

lol

thereā€™s good acting then thereā€™s thisā€¦douchebagness

I really liked Leonhart in his early days. All of his videoā€™s and openings felt really genuine. But it went down hill fast when he quit his day job and became a full time YT ā€˜starā€™. Now itā€™s all 10min videos with a 2min intro and 3min outro, fake reactions and no real new content. Yes, we get itā€¦ you opened 12 packs and only publish those 2-3 packs you hit big cards in ā€˜for teh hypeā€™.

Really, if you got a spare moment and do feel like wasting time, compare his earlier videoā€™s to his latest ones.

1 Like

Iā€™ll have to check that out. Leonhart randomly popped up on my Youtube feed a few months ago and it got me back into collecting after a 16 year hiatus. I liked his style and music from when he was opening Evolutions. He has changed it up quite a bit since he went full time, and not for the better. I was pretty impressed that he worked with Scott and Professor Oakā€™s voice actor for his top 10 most expensive cards video.

He did it againā€¦^^

1 Like

07:30

WRONG.

1 Like

He seems really desperate at the moment. These pokemon channels just arenā€™t getting the views anymore.
He even felt the need to sell out to Mattels Battle Claw series.

1 Like

Leonhart opened some of those crap fakes as well, the dude must be shopping them around to youtube channels to promote them.

Deriumā€™s views have sunk like a stone too.

I think thereā€™s only so much product opening people can take ā€¦ and with derium doing a box a day sometimes multiples and 1000+ packs etc it probably just gets boring

1 Like

It seems they great age of Pokemon Youtube is over. I wonder if it reflects in TCG sales and participation, and if not, will it reflect in the next few set releases.

It might be more of a reflection of how many people are on youtube today vs a couple years ago. Everyone now has a box opening now, or opinion, like that smpratte guy. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, this is speculative, but maybe some of the collectors are moving towards different content. I notice in MTG the larger channels are discussion based. They focus mostly on news, play-ability, or the market. I think these categories are universal for all hobbies. Opening product on camera will always exist, it is in all hobbies. However, channels whose entire identity is based around opening new product that everyone and their dog owns are pretty stale imo.

3 Likes

Itā€™s pretty certain that a lot of channels noticed the openings becoming stale and moved their content to news and discussion, or tried their hardest to mix it up. None of it seems to be having that much impact though according to views and channel growth. The bulk of the audience is children, they donā€™t seem to have followed when they got bored of the 55x booster box opening video.

The silhouette on some of the cards is a straight rip off from the old Topps cards with a screen shot from the anime placed in the middle and then other cards just being straight copies from WOTC cardsā€¦ Argh