Pokemon Cringe

Please add your Pokemon cringe to this thread.

I’ll start out. What the hell is this? :nauseated_face:

25 Likes

ok this is epic

20 Likes
  • Every time Ash KO’d a Legendary Pokemon
  • Team Rocket blasting off again literally 800 something times too many
  • Whenever Ash gets in front of a murder beam and is saved by plot armor
7 Likes

These come to mind.

26 Likes

39 Likes

It would have been better if Arita drew a pikachu with a paint brush as if it were painting it

3 Likes

Reminds me something
By the end of the 90s, MAD Magazine included some bootleg custom cards in one of their volumes … Those were extremely weird. Ironically, they’re kinda rare to find.
Psyduck is the best one

30 Likes

There is just so much going on here

2 Likes

I know you didn’t ask but here’s what makes me cringe about it. Literally every single thing about this pair of cards was designed to MAXIMIZE MONEY.

1. Choosing the most hype card possible, even though Arita didn’t illustrate it and has nothing to do with it.
  2. Generic personalization “to VAN GOGH”.
  3. Forcing a Charizord into the sketch.
  4. Making the sketch a poncho Pikachu because poncho Pikachu = :dollar:, despite poncho Pikachu being Saitou’s thing and having nothing to do with Arita.
  5. Getting two of them.
  6. In the comments tagging PSA for the 10 10 grade.

It’s the embodiment of the Pokemon autograph “community” in one terrible image. Arita has literally nothing to do with any part of this card other than serving as a vehicle to maximize value.

53 Likes

Totally true … No wonder why many illustrators don’t want to sign Pokémon Trading Cards or other stuff related to Pokémon anymore …

3 Likes

How many fire emojis in the listing though?

8 Likes

Is this a real slab? Did PSA actually grade this? Why?

They have already been sold, there were no fire emojis in the listing. The first line of text was in caps though

1 Like

It would have been better if he got Van Gogh to sign it

8 Likes

I don’t know whats worse, the poncho on van gogh or the “to Van Gogh” :sob:

2 Likes

If anyone is selling a Blastnoise…just asking for a friend…lol

3 Likes

That’s why it didn’t show up in my Saved Searches then. It’s gotta have “L@@K!” and at least three fire emojis for me.

1 Like

29 posts were split to a new topic: The Emerging Trend of “Coloured” Charizard Arita Autographs

28 Likes

6 Likes