The $10 Million card.

He shouldn’t of had it up thats all that really needs to be said. I mean ed and gary put up those graded cards with what the hell prices, and that is not that bad since they will take offers. Brianjapan does the same and is much more lenient when it comes to accepting offers from people.

Anyway the whole argument thing isn’t really necessary. I do a lot of selling and was a powerseller and topseller until some guys account apparently got hacked and left negative feedback, which was removed by him later. Anyway the point is that I know why the person did it, it is dumb to list a card at that price and the person knew what they were doing. Regardless of any reasoning about capitalism and what ebay is, it is dishonest, and done to draw attention.

Now I wouldn’t go so far as to call the listing ‘dishonest’.

One must be careful when using words with such strong connotations to help strengthen ones reasoning for strong words will make weak statements when applied improperly.

It would be dishonest if say I or you Scott listed cards that we either didn’t have or had no intention of parting ways with and just decided to hoodwink people, now that would be dishonest and would arguably transgress moral boundaries.

Though I would argue capitalism would only warn one not refrain one such dishonest practices i.e. 'caveat emptor, caveat subscriptor’.

It is misleading which is a synonym to dishonesty. But I am not going to get caught up in semantics, its already been said, the guy should not list something like that period.

In my view the words ‘dishonesty’ and ‘misleading’ are similar not synonymous. Their difference being in respect of what causes not what effects.

Dishonesty is caused only by people while that which is misleading can be caused by people and a whole variety of other sensible objects.

It is only because the former that is dishonesty contains the latter that this confusion arises. A seller of fake cards is dishonest and through his or her dishonesty is attempting to mislead but a sunset is misleading though not dishonest.

A=B(-B=A)

Though as I have stated before I agree with everyone that short from threat of force there are better ways of getting attention for your store; some people just may not have the time or resources to do so however.