TaatRob's complete Togepi master collection (Looking for 1)

Hello guys,

Here you will find my almost complete Togepi mastster set.
A few months ago I received a list from @quuador which contains all the single Togepi cards that currently exists, and it started my collection journey.

The goal:
To collect all different variations of Togepi:

• Language
  • Edition
  • holo/reverse-holo/non-holo
  • Guest appearances on other cards (light Jolteon)

If you know any other cards that I currently miss, or where Togepi is a guest on the card, please let me know

Current collection of cards:

Click to unhide pictures

(clicking the picture will allow you to open the picture in itā€™s full resolution)

Added later:

Currently missing and looking for:

1. Spanish Neo Genesis 51/111 non-Holo 1st
2. Spanish WotC #30 non-Holo Promo
3. Spanish Neo Genesis 51/111 non-Holo 1st (ungraded)

And I am also looking for these, as the quality I currently own them in is pretty roughed up:

• (Light Jolteon) French Neo Destiny 56/105 non-Holo 1st

Graded cards:

Click here for all graded cards

Non TCG:

Non TCG

Sealed TCG:

Click here for all Sealed TCG

Interesting Facts per July 2022 :

• There are currently 210 Togepi cards
  • There are currently 41 ā€œcameoā€ cards
  • My top 3 most expensive cards: (including shipping/import)
  1. Spanish Neo Genesis 51/111 non-Holo 1st (188,03 EUR)
  2. Spanish WotC #30 non-Holo Promo (170 EUR)
  3. (Light Jolteon) German Neo Destiny 56/105 non-Holo 1st (115,49 EUR)
  • The total collection costed me 2.148,60 EUR (1.501,30 Togepi + 574,55 Cameo + 72,75 Gold Burger King). (this excludes sealed/non TCG product/slabs) Perhaps I donā€™t want to know the real number myself. /painful laugh (Updated november 2021)

Special thanks:
@quuador for making the list, and of course the UED Japanese Plasma Gale + connecting me to a seller for the Spanish WOTC 30 promo.
@GymLeaderTaylor for the Japanese Reviving Legends 059/080 non-Holo UED
IG @thepikachucollector for connecting me to a seller for the Spanish WOTC 30 promo.
IG @le_cartable_vert for selling me the Spanish WOTC 30 promo
@darkshadeoriginal for selling me the graded Spanish Neo Genesis First edition Togepi 51/111

With kind regards,
Rob.

39 Likes

None of the pics are showing mate.

2 Likes

@taatrob As mentioned by @ozenigma , your links arenā€™t working.

You need to use the links ending with ā€˜.jpgā€™. I donā€™t know the image hosting website you use, but instead of the freeimage.host/i/1.qdKvnI you have now, you should use (Iā€™ve used right-click, Open image in new tab) iili.io/qdKvnI.md.jpg instead. Thereā€™s probably an option to use direct links or something similar on that image hosting website you use? With imgur.com or postimages.org I both use they show multiple links, in which case I use the ones ending with the extensions (.jpg in your case).

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

Yeah I noticed, I am working on getting them fixed! Had a lot of troubles with finding a website which I could upload the high quality scans, as lots of these websites are limited in the upload size.

EDIT:
Fixed the links, when opening the pictures there is also the possibility to ā€œloadā€ to full size picture

2 Likes

Amazing collection! I love the tag team cards and light jolteon watching over togepi. Glad to help you get closer to completing your set!

2 Likes

Beautiful collection! Togepi seems to be blessed with loads of great artworks!

If you ever run out of cards to collect, I recommend you get yourself one of these guys: link.
They make an awfully cute sound (ā€œtogetogeā€¦ togeprrrrriiiiiyyyyyyyyā€) and their batteries last literal decades. I have mine for around 20 years now, never changed the battery and itā€™s still functioning as if it was new!

1 Like

Very cool collection, I especially love the Southern Islands and Nippon Airways Togepi! Canā€™t go wrong with the Jolteon combo either :blush:

1 Like

Ooof, I need to get one of those, letā€™s see if I can find them available in EU somewhere as well, $50+ for a keychain is rather expensive!

1 Like

Solid collection Rob! Thanks for sharing and welcome to E4!

1 Like

Incredible work tracking down all those cards in such a short amount of time, the egg collection looks great :blush:

For other artworks that feature Togepei I can think of are the CoroCoro Jumbo Pokemon Valley and the Southern Islands Ivysaur. Thereā€™s surely gotta be a bunch more out there too

4 Likes

Absolutely love this kind of collection. Togepi is such an iconic Pokemon for many of us who grew up alongside with itā€™s initial growth. I wish you the best of luck on your continued journey!

2 Likes

Haha glad to hear it @taatrob :grin: Using @JoshsOddCollection 's great cameo thread looks like Togepi also appears in an alt art for Professor Elmā€™s Lecture, which has some fun english League Challenge prints too.

1 Like

Ooh shoot, that list is wonderful and the card is adorable. I will check out tomorrow, and add it on my buying list.

You are bad for my wallet tonight.

1 Like

Wow, thatā€™s a lot! :open_mouth:

1 Like

I might be a bit predictable already but man i love these single pokemon collections :grin: have you considered joining the non tcg game since you have tcg already so well covered?

1 Like

Currently this is not the plan yet, still have to recover from all my spendingā€™s on these cards/stuff.

However if there are cool items for/of Togepi, never say never.

1 Like

Great collection! you have really gone to town on this, ill let you know if i find any other cards with togepi in it :blush:

Have found and bought these all.

As soon as I will have them all in my possession I will update the list

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe you have been at this for only a few months and you already have the RH UNL L2 Togepi lol Took me nearly 10 years to find the Electrode Prime from L3.

Hopefully you can find those Spanish cards. I know the Neo Genesis cards are very hard to find in Spanish.

3 Likes