SWSH 12.5 Crown Zenith / VSTAR Universe Discussion Thread

Damn, this Deoxys Art looks great,

2 Likes

Oh man the Leafeon looks so goooood. Love the background!

4 Likes

Do we know if they’re going to clog up the secret slot in a box with rainbow cards yet? If these are the only cards that will occupy the secret rare slot then I might finally open up a box or two, Deoxys and Moltres are easily two of my favorite arts of all time!

1 Like

look at them soaking their tail in the bowl :heart_eyes:

1 Like

nah we haven’t seen if they’re doing HRs or URs yet in vstar universe. might be something they won’t announce beforehand

hard to agree with 70 special arts to choose from in one set

Another new artist for the tcg:

hncl

Otherwise known as ‘hungry clicker’ (はんくり), they have illustrated a ton of anime fan art on their twitter and pixiv

17 Likes

Oh man this lucario portrait card reminds me of One piece TCG leader cards. Nic.e

1 Like

that’s what I think but fomo and trauma from 2020-21 short supply still seem to make people do irrational decisions…

more irrationality and the longer it takes to have price readjust ( we saw it with UPC zard that likely going to sink soon below $100)

Be patient & $$ you shall save

Another prominent artist debut:

amelicart

S12a 200/172 Bibarel

Amelicart’s portfolio ranges from Pikmin art to key visuals to merchandise art to children’s picture books. They also illustrated the Grookey concept card in 2021 Illustration Magazine. Versatile and extremely recognisable

https://twitter.com/amelicart

11 Likes

still eagerly awaiting to see if the chicorita artist gets a card

The Trainer cards are great. Looks like they will be the equivalent of Kouichi Oyama’s (OOYAMA) Trainer cards in Tag All Stars. Will be picking up those for sure.

Speaking of which where is OOYAMA?! Surely he will be there somewhere.

Gamenerdz has pre-orders up for 44.99

Pokemon: Crown Zenith - Elite Trainer Box (PREORDER)

1 Like

I get my leaks from @koala who has the fastest ping rate in the West on Japanese twitter

16 Likes

Wait no way, Hungry Clicker is doing Pokemon TCG art now!!!

If you follow competitive Smash Bros. or other FGCs they’re a legendary artist that will often draw a tournament winners’ character. Many players consider it one of the highest honors to have their mains drawn by Hungry Clicker.

Absolutely insane to have them!

3 Likes

New artist #9

Nagano

Nagano has released collaborative merchandise for Pokémon back in 2018 and 2019. They’re well known for the Joke Bear LINE stickers

Simisear’s pose pays tribute to the fan art made after Park Se-Jun (winner of the 2014 Pokémon World Championships VGC Masters Division), who used Pachirisu holding a Sitrus Berry

3 Likes

i’m not the biggest etern stan, but holy is this thing pretty

7 Likes

Im no Japanese expert, but I’ve gathered that Pokemon names are typically (potentially always?) Written in Katakana. There is hiragana for the attacks, as well as a little bit of kanji, but it always seems to be accompanied by furigana (additional kana to aid pronounciation) because theyre intended for children, who may not know a lot of kanji. Thats my understanding, but again, not an expert, maybe someone with more knowledge could jump in! Im pretty sure the Japanese kana are phonetic, but kanji are not, so hopefully this makes sense lol! I know you didnt really ask, sorry for the wall of text, i just like talking about language :sweat_smile:

Aside from this, so happy to see Kusube got a special art card, easily one of my fav artists. Regigigas towing around an island on its back is pretty legendary tbh

9 Likes

Thank you for the explainer, I know a little bit of Japanese and enjoy linguistics so this was an interesting read. Cheers. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Kusube’s art style with dense vegetation is a slam dunk. Yes I’m referring to vending series.

4 Likes