SWSH 12.5 Crown Zenith / VSTAR Universe Discussion Thread

so when is the next leak :point_right: :point_left:

i wouldn’t be surprised to see another card or two over the weekend and a few more next week, but i would be surprised to see another big dump on friday again since SV comes out and i’d imagine they’ll focus all of their marketing on that

1 Like

Attack form and Defense form

7 Likes

I am 100% buying at least a box of this set, simply because of the box art. Love that Suicune is so predominantly featured. Gives me intense Neo vibes.

Vstar Universe looks so good, this is just the icing on the cake to close off the SWSH area with an alt art banger.
But I do have to say I am a little fearful that this set will copy the behavior of Eevee Heroes, where the price has not fallen below $120 since release. How do you guys look at this?

Of course Vmax Climax was expensive at release but after a while it was much more affordable and that was a good set imo. But Vstar Universe looks like it’s going to be something else…

Love to hear your thoughts

Eevee Heroes is very different. That was a normal set that wasn’t printed to demand, with hard to pull alt arts.

High class packs have hits in every pack, and hopefully is printed to demand. VSTAR Universe may be priced higher than other sets, but what you get out of a box will be better.

3 Likes

i expect price to be double or more msrp for the most part of the first 2-4 weeks until the next wave of supply comes out. over the next 1-6 months, prices will drop close to msrp or maybe 1.5x at worst. after that, i could see this being one of the most expensive boxes from the swsh era. i could even see this surpassing eevee heroes after a few years.

2 Likes

I also hope this is the case, I don’t mind waiting a few months to get it for a better price.
And agreed I also think this set can have a huge potential in the upcoming years.
Thanks for your thoughts!

That is something I hadn’t thought about, but now that I do I also agree with you. There is a big difference between a regular set and a Highclass set, when looking to printing on demand.
Thanks! :smiley:

Crown Zenith has new products scheduled to be released every month up to May. I wouldn’t be too worried about getting it on the English side (which is what I plan to do). There could also be unannounced products yet to be revealed.

If you look at other special sets like Hidden Fates, Shining Fates, Celebrations, Pogo, and even Champion’s Path…all of these have been readily available at numerous times and have had multiple reprints/mass stockings. Celebrations Charizard/Sylveon boxes have shown up as recently as this November in stores. Hidden Fates had reprints/restocks up till 2021. Shining Fates can’t escape Walmart and Target Shelves. Pogo is still relatively new, but it has been stuck on shelves since its release and will likely stay on shelves by the end of this year. I think Champion’s Path was rumored to be having (or already had) a reprint?

Assuming these release dates are correct and we have no delays :crossed_fingers:

Anyone remember when the zard was 3x this and the Suicune was at $50…

7 Likes

13 Likes

As someone who occasionally watches real breaking nate, this makes me smile.

His favorite artist, doing a card for one of his most hated Pokemon…it’s going to be hilarious.

1 Like

Peculiar that this got the Fusion tag on the top right

just wait for the deoxys art rare from fusion arts/strike

1 Like

It is the alternate artwork (as all Art Rare/Special Art Rare are) of the Fusion Strike pre-release, minus the set stamp. Deoxys AR and Latias AR are also expected to be in this set

3 Likes

why are their so many stamps

i hate this

5 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Am I imagining things or is that a reference to the Dragon Ball Z fusion dance?!

(Yes, I’m aware that the Japanese name literally means dancing bird and it’s whole schtick is dancing but still)

I would love to see Komiya (and Toriyama) confirm that lol