SWSH 12.5 Crown Zenith / VSTAR Universe Discussion Thread

Lots of new artists entering the scene

Atsuya Uki worked on character designs for Digimon and is the creator of the anime Cencoroll

Yoriyuki Ikegami Art Works

Yoriyuki Ikegami is a freelance painter, check out his art collection. They also drew the Lotad concept card from the 2021 Illustration Magazine

https://www.harugonomayu.com/ikegami

https://twitter.com/YORIYUKIII

I have yet to find info on a few others so it’ll be great if someone who knows the artists can post something about them:
Dunsparce (illus. Kurata So)
Lumineon V (illus. Jerky)

6 Likes

@koala posted this earlier this morning on the discord. The same artist drew both. I love that it still gives the same composition between the two. I’m curious on the texture for Raikou. Overall this is sick.

8 Likes

They have nailed the artwork so let’s hope they nail the distribution of this set!

5 Likes

These are AMAZING!!! A Shinji Kanda Moltres?! Oh, heck yes!!

yeah its interesting how you can look at a card and have a feeling of who might have drawn it. sowsow is very obvious in that regard. it’s like classical music, you might not know who actually wrote the music, but you get a sense of the style and can make an educated guess.

3 Likes

This set really is incredible looking.

I posted in the Japanese market thread but the lottery is up on PCJ. I pray to the Tenso gods I have a chance with this one.

1 Like

This already looks incredible. Big fan of the Ditto card. Also the Gardenia Trainer looks super nice. I will spend a lot on this set.

This set looks insane! My guy dunsparce getting a special art warms my heart.

The flat scan makes Raikou look like it has BW tinsel foil. Of course, that won’t be the actual foiling, but I still think it looks great!

1 Like

I know the Charizard art has already been included in the Charizard UPC but man…the combo art of that Mewtwo and Charizard is just stellar. Really enjoy the arts on this set. Anyone have a middle man where I can grab some of these boxes not at the eBay prices of $110? :smiling_face_with_tear:

Raikou is the winner it looks stunning!!!

1 Like

Not trying to be a Gen 4 fanboy but that Lumineon is my favorite. Love the colors and shapes.

This is my favorite time of year for the hobby. Watching the trickling in of the high class pack is so exciting.

2 Likes

there were many other products, but these are all significant because they bring over cards that we haven’t had yet (likely corocoro pika vmax, shiny zac and zam v, CSR morpeko vunion) as well as a “special art” lucario for the etb promo.

much of this can be crossed examined with the info we have about vstar universe. (i predict we’ll get another big reveal from japan tonight)

I personally find the radiants interesting. hyped for shiny eternatus

1 Like

tcpi When its been 2 sets since a charizard chase card

19 Likes

tons of more artworks were revealed. looks like the trainers are also sort of like special arts, where it is more of an entire scene instead of a close focus on the trainer

6 Likes

Thanks for alerting. The ones with trainers inside look great.

Damn those artworks really pop

1 Like

I’m not into FA supporter collecting but wow those artworks are incredible. The Gardenia and Roxanne especially. I love how it tells a story of studying the fossil Pokemon.

Is this the first time Ditto has gotten a card imitating another Pokemon since Delta Species?? Absolutely love that artwork

2 Likes

yeah i’ve never been interested in collecting FA supporters, but i want these SAR supporters

Lemme see this Radiant Charjabug…

1 Like