Starfield - Anybody playing it?

Hey

Has anyone played or thinking about getting Starfield? I’d love to hear the thoughts of anyone who has played or anyone is one of the fence about buying it.

I was waiting for reviews, but they look good enough that I will buy it, but I probably stick to the main quest and will opt out of most exploring, if the game allows it.

1 Like

friends play it urrently.
They talk a lot about it and sink in hour after hour. They really enjoy it.
Stealing dozens of spaceships, intresting weapons ( not as indepth than borderlands but unique to have far more than the average basic concepts).
Even far away of spots that are marked as good landspots you keep finding stuff.
They sleep only a few hours till work so iam sure its a great game^^

I may or may not have about 48 hours played in game…
Its pretty good :joy:

1 Like

Compared to most Bethesda titles on release, it seems promising so far. Mods will probably give it a lot of life in the long-term. Personally I’m going to give it a few days to see where things stand and then I might pick it up.

I’ve been SO excited to play it. Gonna order it as soon as I get home today. I’ve watched many review vids and it seems like the long wait was worth it. It’s supposed to be absolutely massive. I love a game that takes you forever to complete.

3 Likes

it looks pretty cool! im probably gonna wait, but if all ends up well (not a buggy mess + fun game) i’ll probably end up picking it up at some point!

Gosh i love xbox game pass, free game

1 Like

Just got it, spent a good 1.5 hour just customizing my character lol im gonna love this game

3 Likes

i’m excited to play, knocking off work soon and once i put my little one to bed, i’ll be giving it a good crack!

Just posting to get notifications from this thread. I’m on the fence about buying a Xbox x and this might make me pull the trigger.

I actually just watched this gamespot review and it scored lower than I anticipated.

From the early reviews I’ve read it sounds like a lot of planets don’t have any depth to them, and also space travel and fights are pretty lame. I’ll probably look at picking up a copy over Black Friday.

1 Like

Really interesting takes here. I think there is a general consensus that it is good, but your experience may depend on what you’re hoping to do in the game.

I don’t really want to play the game to roam around endless planets, though I’ll try this. I really just want a fun RPG experience where I can immerse myself. I know its a big part of the game, but I feel like for almost a decade game design as tried to incorporate massive worlds and they all lack the character of a hand designed world.

1 Like

I may pay for a month of game pass to try it out.

1 Like

I play on PC and will be waiting for the game to get patched/optimized for a while before purchasing. It looks great but PC performance is currently abysmal and I’m not about that 30fps life

1 Like

You got time lol? Whats your specs :smiley:

Currently can’t stop playing Sea of Stars, but Starfield is in the queue!

3 Likes

Does the game have an FPS cap?

Both gamespot and ign had lower reviews than the majority of other review sites. (7/10 is still good though) I also question the validity of gaming reviews in general, but I wanna avoid ranting about that (iykyk). If you played any of the other BGS games, then you will most likely enjoy Starfield. If its been a while since you’ve played any, then the game will feel quite new and different, but still has that BGS touch that all their games have (exploration, quests, looting, story, complex skill/perk systems, crafting, creatures and enemy variety, etc). It was Godd Howard (i think) who said that the more you put into Starfield, the more it gives back. That is 100% the case. Its closest to FO4 in terms of gameplay and feel, but thats also the most recent game BGS made and used the same/similar engine than the other titles.

Theres quite a bit of new things that were done and overall improvements to the BGS formula, but I don’t want to reveal everything for those who haven’t played it.

consoles are tied to 30. It may be jarring if you strictly play pc with 60+ fps, but for me it hasn’t been an issue. I don’t understand it, but theres ways of making 30fps not look and feel as clunky. Something to do with graphics and whatnot that is done on the backend by the developers. PC struggles to have constant 60, if at all. The major cities are going to be lower fps, but I dont think its all that terrible imo.

2 Likes

You don’t really need to explore planets extensively. They all have purposes, but the game doesnt force you to play any sort of way. I personally love the planet exploration aspect (especially scanning them). Its definitely immersive. From my ~2 days worth of IGT I haven’t even started 2 of the main faction storylines. The skill/perk system also allows for specialized gameplay builds if thats your thing.