Sprite Stories?

How you make them shiny?

Mine are just my fav Pokemons and the team I liked better back in the days when playing Pokemon in my game boy!

2 Likes

I primarily work on Sci Fi related productions so Gengar was always the natural choice. Iā€™m a dark person by nature. Jolteon is what I call the other half, meaning, my light side. I have others I fancy, but these are all I need

2 Likes

Add shiny to the text:
.pokesprite.pokemon.houndoom.shiny for example

2 Likes

I basically picked out my favorites, but these are also the main Pokemon I collect as well! Love the sprite signatures.

I am also the number 1 Salamence collector so it is my first (fight me @sherotcg)

5 Likes

Latios/Latias are the GOATs and then I rounded out my signature with two of my favorite Gen 3 Dragon-types :). Once more people add sprites to their signatures, it would be cool to collect data on the most used sprites. I would just be really interested in seeing the most popular Pokemon among TCG collectors since Iā€™m not sure data on that exists.

5 Likes

Psyduck is #1 for me; who couldnā€™t love a troubled platypus capable of psychic powers? Plus I love how it is both Junichi Masudaā€™s favourite PokĆ©mon (and Komiyaā€™s Masudaā€™s Psyduck is possibly my favourite card), and the consistent PokĆ©mon in Worlds cards.

The rest are the nostalgic team I always had as a child playing Yellow; starting Pikachu, early Butterfree for all the status moves, Magikarp for the immense promise of an early game Gyarados, and then Haunter/Kadabra as cool ghost/psychic PokĆ©mon I never managed to trade so never saw the final evolutionsā€¦

(first new forum post btw, love it. From UPCCC to E4 to New E4).

8 Likes

I have to agree, this new site is slick. Chose Pikachu in a few variations because itā€™s my collection, Snorlax is my favorite Pokemon. Pachirisu is a reminder of my time in Alaska, and the shiny mega ray has always been super cool looking to me. Chose a premier ball too because I wanted to see if I could do non-pokemon and Iā€™ve sunk a lot of time over the years into Pokemon Go.

3 Likes

My favorite game of all time ever since release is colosseum, so despite my first game being ruby most of my favorite pokemon are from johto.

Altaria takes a number 1 spot though since I always remember being fascinated by itā€™s dragon status and in game cry, and getting destroyed by winona when I didnā€™t know what dragon dance did yet. After that I grinded hard to put 2 altarias on my team, and even now try to use it whenever i can if swablu is available in any game.

Celebi i think looks funny like an onion but also though it was cool how it helped purification of shadow pokemon, and it was also super mysterious since there wasnā€™t a way to get it in the US for the longest time. However, the game that sold me the most was mystery dungeon, so my first gold star and shining I purchased was celebi.

Quagsire is just silly, I used him a lot when I played on showdown OU and it was funny to see people setting up on it without knowing what unaware does.

Piplup line- Empoleon is probably in my top 2 starters , just really like the design, and I think piplup is a really fun species to collect since thereā€™s quite a few rare cards and enough random merch to fill a room that feature piplup.

Heracross- I used to be into entomology and did it for science olympiad in high school, and the rhino beetle was always my favorite insect. I have 4 real life preserved rhino beetles framed.

Mantine- absolutely love the design and cry. I also love stingrays and liked touching them in the aquarium as a kid.

7 Likes

i wish i could have hisuian zoroark in here

4 Likes

Salamence and Flygon are soooo top gen 3 actually was a huge gen, I remember back in the days as a kid reading the PokĆ©mon magazines about how good gen 3 was going to beā€¦ the graphics were such a huge upgrade over gen 2 ( gen 2 are my fav gen by far but the graphic upgrade gen 3 brought was insane)

3 Likes

I can add ā€œupdate the iconsā€ to my todo list. [itā€™s done]

2 Likes

Sceptile is my favourite starter, Rayquaza is my favourite legendary - and my first ever shiny. Volcarona is my favourite non starter, non legendary pokemon.

There are other pokemon that I like but not enough space in the roster for all of them.

3 Likes

Dragonite has the best evolution line and Dragonair is my favourite Pokemon.

6 Likes

Should add the shiny line too! Even though green dragonite kinda ruins it, but the pink dratini and dragonair are maybe top 10 shiny forms for me.

4 Likes

I will probably switch my Pokemon up from time to time but for nowā€¦ Fisherman Jonathan would like to battle :laughing:

6 Likes

I thought yours was something like the evolution of pokemonā€¦ Still, unique. I dig it!

2 Likes

Love this thread! I am terrible at picking a full team, but Blastoise and Mewtwo saved me so many times in Blue & Pokemon Stadium. Gen 1 Mewtwo was the strongest Pokemon ever, change my mind. :wink:

5 Likes

ThatĀ“s a cool feature right there, time to try it out. :slightly_smiling_face:

Blastoise: has been always my favourite Kanto starter evolution even when it isnā€™t as popular like Charizard or simply OP during playthroughs like Venusaur.

Mew: easily one of the nicest looking gold stars, especially in japanese. It wasnĀ“t really easy task to track this down when I began collecting my set back in 2014.

Umbreon & Lugia: instant hits of generation 2, hard to say anything bad about them and all the early tcg cards are just epic!

Kangaskhan & Tapu Fini: to me Kangashan was really meh Pokemon until Sun&Moon games arrived. Mega evolution combined with Tapu Fini was such a good pair, Tapu Finiā€™s ability protects Khan from nasty status conditions while covering the one and only Fighting weakness, meanwhile Khan had skills to slow down 99% of enemies with Fake Out ( even ghosts werenā€™t safe due to Scrappy ability ) which gave Tapu Fini chance to set up Calm Mind and destroy stuff later.

Most of the times I added Landorus-T and Volcarona/Kommo-o in same Super Double battle team at Battle Tree, good times. :blush:

3 Likes

I picked my top 5 favorite PokĆ©mon that I collect merchandise for, and then Marill which is my wifeā€™s favorite. (That I say she collects but itā€™s still me collecting :rofl:)

5 Likes

I know youā€™ve probably got a long to-do list, but wanted to make a request and wasnā€™t sure where.

Could you please eventually add sprites for:
-Ghost (Lavender Town, PokƩmon tower)
-MISSINGNO

Thanks!