Favorite Pokemon Of Each Type

Here is a lighthearted Sunday Fun day topic. Select your favorite pokemon for each type and post the image. Here is a link to the website:

www.cpokemon.com/seccion/herramientas/tipos/en/

My results:

16 Likes

9 Likes

11 Likes

11 Likes

Love to see everyone’s opinions on this topic.

I watched the first couple of movies many dozens of times so Lugia, Pichu (from the 3rd movie’s short film), Jirachi, Latias are on this list.

Similarly, I watched some episodes from the regular show a dozen times with Lapras, Heracross (A Sappy Ending), Bulbasaur, Togepi etc in them.

8 Likes

9 Likes

I had a really hard time choosing normal type for some reason. Houndoom would have been fire too but I didn’t wanna use the same pokemon twice.

9 Likes

11 Likes

11 Likes

I spent longer than I’d like to admit on this list, but I made sure to make it as objective as possible.

edit: I love these lists so much because you can really see what someone’s favorite games were. Some people were super into Gen 1 or Gen 7, or even Mystery Dungeon or the anime. I personally had a really hard time leaving out Espeon and Umbreon because of Colosseum.

9 Likes

Inb4 someone gets a tic-tac-toe with arceus forms.

6 Likes

I was one of the lucky ones to grow up with the original pokemon. Many of these are influenced by the tv show and original red/blue game boy games. So much nostalgia!
Ps. I chose Squirtle

7 Likes

My choices were influenced by the show and original games, too. The show’s depiction of Jigglypuff with temper tantrums, Caterpie as the ugly duckling, Mankey stealing Ash’s hat, and the weird Gengar episode where Ash’s ghost pranks Misty and Brock are why I chose those Pokemon :blush:

3 Likes

im beyond boring, too loyal to my all time favorites and i refuse to pick more niche pokemon just to make it look more interesting

5 Likes

Oh you’re too right! Such find memories. Now thinking of jigglypuff, that would be my favourite fairy type. It was on many adventures in the series. It was cool how each starter pokemon was introduced… I might have to rewatch them all again now ha.

1 Like

6 Likes

Definitely a fun idea! I wanted suicune to be in this list since its in my top 5 but my water pick had to go to Blastoise

6 Likes

My plethora of mons loved on first sight both then and now. Or those over time that have evolved a place in my heart. Shame you can’t have honorable’s on top.

*Juicy nostalgic contextual hors d’oeuvres addendums for those curious. If not, keep scrolling. :wink:*
i - Admired Exeggutor since it’s creepy-badass self and unique cry in the beginning. Discovering it’s Jinmenju origin with the Alolan form be a prototype back on the Japanese Jungle art became my affirmation sealed.

ii - If one Shining could be available on this chart Ninetales is it. Beautiful and evil, a combination unique to few pokémon. Just Waiting For A Friend made it apparent to question why it never became part Ghost/Psychic/Dark which it’s alternate colour represents perfectly, especially to now as a true counterpart to Alola. Ninetales was my old friend card in the original collecting days when Charizard or Ho-Oh wasn’t always there. No-one is messing with these eyes.

iii - Zapdos is my first WOTC pack pull. Zapdos was my first experience ever playing on a GB. My Cousins Lv. 100 Dos microwaving unlucky Viridian practice targets.

iv- All Abra line is imperative but I chose Kadabra to show my love after seeing many already choose Alakazam to much nice surprise. After all, you need a friend like Kadabra in order to get to Alakazam. :wink:

This is a story in itself where I made friends trading to obtain for a ‘Masaki’ team. I found it amusingly ironic how the ghosts were light-hearted in anime compared to how psychics were terrifying, presumably influenced by then comtemporary psychological anime e.g. Akira/Perfect Blue/Neon Genesis Evangelion. Alakazam and Kadabra’s glare is scarily more intense then anything Mewtwo had looked like. That scene when Abra opened it’s eyes to beating Pikachu was the beginning of dedication to any fictional character.

v - And no surprise for all the Machamp popularity. Machamp may never the most prominent, favourite feature in a set but it’s such a nostalgia monster on it’s own from killing all of GSC’s infamous to perhaps having record for most Unique and Staff entries with all love it’s place in TCG history. Machamp has one of the most versatile ‘careers’ in Pokémon card history. Nostalgia MONSTER. Base Set, Dark & Light and the new Tag Team alternate rare is one of the top arts of the generation, it’s very spiritual. The art department on the Tag Teams are burning it right now.

vi - Rock was the hardest type to choose. Get it? So many classics. Rhyhorn line, the fossils, the Bruno episode was my introduction to Pokémon having Onix as my first favourite. It had to be Tyranitar since Unbound’s design is enough to not pass. As a helpless child at the game discovering Tyranitar’s stats/ movepool then was having the flute to the Dragonzord for my team to support at a point where I was able to literally get revenge on all the other kids I lost at the time on holidays to having the despot eat Stadium 2 Rival’s Ho-Oh, Lugia and Mewtwo À la (kazam) carte. I miss it’s original Shining palate so much. :slightly_frowning_face:

vii - As much as I love the Nido and Rhyhorn family I was so blown back when I remember first looking at the Ruby art thinking that this monster is a step-up from Tyranitar and eats Charizards for breakfast. It wasn’t too long to realise the truth. When the details for it’s Primal came to existence, I was feeling happy that they gave equal justice to the one sided duo that was always an issue and watching VCG16 was an intense blast. The Weather trio at this point on there best are the true Gods atm (outside of Smeargle and Ditto ofc).

viii - Abomasnow for the fact there isn’t a true troll pokémon but thus is the closest. Plus it’s tree setting gives it a northern atmosphere and looking back from sledging in Oslo’s mountains, visiting folk villages and buying a statue of Theodor Kittelsen’s famous troll set my feelings for Aboma in stone.

ix - For the benefit of those who may be wondering Missingno. is my top for the Bird and :thinking: types.

3 Likes

Many will be surprised that my favorite Dark Pokemon isn’t Mega Gyarados and my favorite Flying Pokemon isn’t another Gyarados. XD

I had a hard time with this! I was torn between Scyther and Scizor for my favorite Bug Pokemon but Scizor couldn’t beat out on my nostalgia. Plus I think Scyther’s design is a lot more original than Scizor. Metagross was the easiest pick for Steel.

I’ve found out I didn’t care much for Ice and Rock types, which is why I went for the ones I loved the designs most of all. I still think Aron is one of the cutest Pokemon ever, same with Snorunt. Jigglypuff will always be my favorite fairy Pokemon.

It’s because of this, too, that I realized that Electric type Pokemon are my least favorite Pokemon of all. I don’t really care for them at all, which is why I went for the coolest looking one. XD I didn’t even know that there was a Pokemon, Zeraora. Hahaha.

3 Likes

To avoid having any duplicates there were instances where I chose a lesser favorite for that type e.g. Lugia for flying instead of Zapdos again.

5 Likes