Favorite 6 of Each Gen

Title. What’s your Favorite 6 Pokemon from each Generation? Feel free to think of this in terms of your favorites now or what you started off with as a kid.

Feel free to use pokemondb.net/pokedex/national to get sprite images of all Pokemon or use richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html to showcase them (the latter only goes up to Gen 7).

I’ll post mine later!

4 Likes

First gen: richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#bulbasaur+blastoise-mega+raichu+jolteon+articuno+mewtwo
(whoops, not mega blastoise, regular blastoise) lol

2nd gen: richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#meganium+xatu+umbreon+wobbuffet+lugia+ho-oh

gen 3: richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#blaziken+exploud+makuhita+aggron+salamence+rayquaza

2 Likes

Some generations were hard to love and I couldn’t even make it to 6…

2 Likes

Gen 1: richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#charizard+gengar+gyarados+dragonair+mewtwo+mew
Gen 2: richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#umbreon+suicune+tyranitar+lugia+ho-oh+celebi
Gen 3: richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#blaziken+zangoose+absol+groudon+jirachi+deoxys

1 Like

A couple of things I noticed: I like a TON of Pokemon in Gen 2, which made it very difficult to pick only six. Also, the cupboard of Pokemon between Gen 6 and 7 is REALLY bare, both in terms of good designs and actual new Pokemon native to those generations.

richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#charizard+arcanine+rhydon+pinsir+tauros+articuno

richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#feraligatr+ampharos+granbull+houndoom+donphan+miltank

richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#swampert+mightyena+aggron+manectric+absol+salamence

richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#luxray+garchomp+hippowdon+drapion+weavile+glaceon

richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#stoutland+zebstrika+excadrill+sawsbuck+haxorus+druddigon

richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#talonflame+pyroar-male+heliolisk+tyrantrum+aurorus+goodra

richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#sandslash-alola+ninetales-alola+vikavolt+lycanroc+mudsdale+golisopod

Gen 8: Boltund, Toxtricity, Dracozolt, Centiskorch, Greedent, Orbeetle

2 Likes

Gen 1: Charizard, Blastoise, Haunter, Butterfree, Ditto and Articuno
Gen 2: Lugia, Feraligatr, Suicune, Ho-oh, Tyranitor and Steelix
Gen 3: Swampert, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Salamence, Regice and Latias
Gen 4: Dialga, Giratina and starting losing interest in newer gens at this point

1 Like

Alright im only gonna do 1-4 because i am lazy

Gen 2 was very hard! 3 and 4 were also kinda hard too

3 Likes

Okay this was not easy. I decided on no mega evolutions, and kept to only one pokemon from any given evolutionary line. Gens 5, 6, and 7 were especially difficult as I realised there is so little I really like.

1 Like

That was a lot tougher than I thought it would be…Gen 2 has so many fantastic Pokemon designs. Was a lot of fun combing through every Pokemon.

3 Likes

I like the amount of the TYRANITAR I see

2 Likes

Most of my favorites come from 2, 3 and 5, so those were trickier. Some of the 4, 6 and 7 ones would be pretty far down my overall favorites list.

1 Like

Not necessarily favourite 6 per Gen but I have a favourite 6 I have in my teams from my 3 favourite games growing up:

Gold:
richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#gyarados+zapdos+mewtwo+typhlosion+scizor+tyranitar

LG/FR:
richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#charizard+alakazam+gengar+aerodactyl+snorlax+raikou

Sapphire/Emerald:
richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#sudowoodo+swampert+breloom+flygon+metagross+groudon

But then I have always liked Pinsir and Rhydon as they were the first memorable Pokemon I pulled from a TCG pack.

1 Like

Gen 1 was surprisingly difficult… Kabutops is one of my fav Pokemon of all time tho
richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#alakazam+haunter+scyther+gyarados+kabutops+aerodactyl

Gen 2 richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#sudowoodo+scizor+heracross+houndoom+tyranitar+ho-oh

gen 3 richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#lotad+hariyama+dusclops+snorunt+metagross+regirock

gen 4 richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#drifloon+garchomp+lucario+toxicroak+yanmega+gliscor

gen 5 doesn’t exist, gen 6 is just honedge line and beyond that also doesn’t exist

2 Likes

If some are left out it’s cos the rest were crap and didn’t want to choose more

1 Like

This looks fun! Here are mine:

Gen 1: richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#charmander+arcanine+gengar+scyther+tauros+mewtwo
Gen 2: richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#flaaffy+umbreon+entei+suicune+tyranitar+lugia
Gen 3: richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#manectric+flygon+tropius+absol+salamence+rayquaza
Gen 4: richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#luxray+floatzel+lucario+giratina-origin+darkrai+arceus-normal
Gen 5: richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#zoroark+bisharp+hydreigon+reshiram+zekrom+keldeo
Gen 6: richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#kangaskhan-mega+talonflame+gogoat+aegislash+zygarde+hoopa-unbound
Gen 7: richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#ninetales-alola+marowak-alola+lycanroc-midnight+necrozma+marshadow+zeraora

Gen 5 to 7 is a bit tough to round out my favorite 6.

1 Like

Ooh this is interesting! These will be in random order btw.
Gen 1:

Gen 2:

Gen 3:

Gen 4:

Gen 5:

Gen 6:

Gen 7:

Gen 8:

3 Likes

Here are mine for all generations. (I’ve excluded Mega; Alolan; Galarian; Gigantamax; Primal; and other forms, otherwise some of the images below might have looked slightly different.) Each generation is individually also sorted from left to right.

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

Here are my favourites from each gen. I was surprised with how little I cared for gen 3 Pokemon.

4 Likes

Glad people are having fun with this!

Gen 1:

Gen 2:

Gen 3:

Gen 4:

Gen 5:

Gen 6:

Gen 7:

Gen 8:

2 Likes

1 Like