What is your favorite Pokémon from your Least favorite Generation?

Simple question! Name off some of your favorite pokémon from your least favorite Generation(s).

The three most recent generations are probably my least favorite, but i cannot deny that there are some great Pokémon designs. Here are some that I like the most!

Flabebe might be the cutest Pokémon ever.

sorry @Dizzle but we both know Togedemaru is the cutest Pikachu clone

Flapple is a flying dragon type apple peel! love it!

5 Likes

This is a challenge for me because my least favorite generation, which is Gen 8/SWSH, actually has a lot of Pokémon I like. I hate Sword & Shield but actually think the Pokédex is one of the stronger ones so it’s not really difficult for me to pick Pokémon I like. I really like Wooloo, Corviknight, Snom + Frosmoth, and Dragapult.

But to answer the question from a different angle, my least favorite generational Pokédex is Generation 3/RSE. My favorites from that generation are probably Sableye and Nosepass. There are better Pokémon that are more fun to actually use but I love both of those designs a lot.

2 Likes

Drapion - Gen 4

4 Likes

Haven’t played SM or XY, but there are some pretty cool designs from both gens.

2 Likes

least favorite gen in general or of their respective pokemon?

1 Like

2 Likes

I have 3 miniature schnauzers and they look similar to each evolution:

7 Likes

It would have to be a toss-up between Turtonator & Vikavolt

th-2554453138

th-3836826918

1 Like

Least fav gen is gen 6, however one of my fav Pokemon is Goomy! I love how silly he looks

I wasn’t the biggest fan of gen 8 either, but 3 really great Pokemon came out of SwSh: Yamper, Snom, and Applin. They’re all very cute!

3 Likes

Generation 7 is a struggle for me to enjoy at all, but Dhelmise is an all timer for me.

4 Likes

Thats a great question actually. Pokemonwise my least favourite gen is SM, and my favourite Pokemon from there is probably Mimikyu

4 Likes

I dont like SW & SH at all but i love dragapult and corviknight.

4 Likes

I’m ranking this from the games, and not the gameplay but the new Pokémon that you could build a team from. Gen 6 I don’t think I tried a single new Pokémon. Didn’t even get my starter to it’s final evolution form. Feels like a cheap answer because it’s the box cover legendary, but has to be Xerneas.

2 Likes

Sinnoh: Drapion, Munchlax, Mantyke

Unova: Volcarona, Landorus-T, Gigalith and pre-evolutions especially in shiny forms

Kalos: Goodra and pre-evolutions

2 Likes

For me Kalos/Gen 6 is easily my least favorite. Probably the only generation of games that I’d say I disliked.
The fossil Pokemon were peak though and Aurorus is my favorite fossil Pokemon behind Aerodactyl.

3 Likes

I chose this Pokémon on my first playthrough of Pokémon X, but then found out that it has 6 type weaknesses with 2 of them being quad weaknesses :skull:. I like the design though!

3 Likes

Corviknight. I just don’t know much about sword and shield mons but I think this is a cool one.

1 Like

The question is mostly what my least favorite gen is in terms of Pokémon :thinking: Probably gen 5 (BW era). (Using the search function that works a lot better on the new forum) I came across this older post of mine for my top 6 favorite Pokémon per gen (from Januari 2021 - some probably have changed slightly by now):

If I had to put the generations in order from favorite to least favorite, it’s probably: 3, 1, 2, 4, 7, 6, 8, 5.

So in conclusion: Joltik
joltik11

Greetz,
Quuador

9 Likes

Generation 5 has to be my least favourite Pokédex, mainly due to the glut of copy/paste additions like Woobat<Zubat, Timburr<Machop, Trubbish<Grimer etc.

Volcarona on the other hand… everything from its typing, to its design and quazi-legendary vibe in-game is just top tier.

4 Likes

5 Likes