Sprite Stories?

Sprite Stories

Hey all, I thought this could be a cool discussion topic now that the new website is up and this core feature exists. So, if you picked sprites for your signature, why did you pick them?

I went with my original team from Pokemon Yellow. I have many fond memories of playing through the game with this team and each happens to be my favorite Pokemon for their respective type.

16 Likes

Favorites. I used to rotate them on the old site but I stuck with these as they are top favorites.

4 Likes

favorites, but ill probably change it up from time to time.

My favorite pokemon is Rayquaza. Emerald is my favorite game and the ex era cards are my favorite to collect. Koffing/Weezing and their shiny sprites are at the top of my list as well

5 Likes

Magikarp is my boy.

6 Likes

I wanted to keep mine simple for now so just went with the obvious choice plus the feather for my namesake :relieved:

I did notice at least on my mobile device that a team of 6 is too wide for one row so its on ny todo list to pack them together a bit closer

5 Likes

My 3 Favourites :relieved: Good dog #1, scary ball of darkness, Good dog #2

edit: okay clearly I did it wrong, how the hell do i add the sprites? :expressionless:

1 Like

how do I add pokemon? do i just type in the name?

1 Like

@thurco @knotchi check the docs section under “How to add a signature”

2 Likes

Tyvm sir

2 Likes

thank you! I went with the team I’m currently using in BDSP OU on showdown

3 Likes

Chose my favorite 3 from Gen 1 and Gen 2

1 Like

I picked Starmie, one of my favorite Pokémon. I always say it’s hard to pick one favorite out of 1000+ creatures (and the list is always growing), but Starmie is an easy Top 5 contender for me and that never changes.

What I like about Starmie is, by nature of its inorganic design, it’s more a geometry than animal. It is itself a sort of symbol, an icon representing “Starmie”, and I just think that’s really cool.

Beyond that, it’s a rare example of a Pokémon that has always — since the very beginning — been very good. Few Pokémon can make that claim due as rising stats, repeated types, and mechanical shifts that have introduced status quo changes every generation for more than 20 years. But Starmie is still good.

In the TCG, Starmie is a fully evolved Pokémon with two types — so it has a pretty good mix of card varieties and holos. My favorite Starmie card is the one from Skyridge.

5 Likes

A bunch of my favorite pokemon. My team is weak to grass and electric, but I love the water so much! Wailord is the pokemon from which I have the strongest memory from my youth. Mantas are my favorite animals ever, so naturally mantine is (one of) my favorite pokemon. Chinchou art is consistently amazing. The other 3 are just pokemon I really really like.
I hope these sprites are saved, otherwise this response is going to look stupid.

2 Likes

I started out trying my faves… but I didn’t like the way some looked. Then I tried some kind of geometric pattern thingy, and ended up with this. Shiny staryu was the first shiny that I caught, back in GS, so I chose it… also has great colors. I also tried using shiny leaves as decoration, but the sprites for those are small and don’t fill the space well.

2 Likes

I am actually a big fan of wailmer

12 Likes

It’s a cool idea to use an original team! I don’t really remember my team from my original playthrough of Pokemon FireRed, but I am pretty sure it was Charizard, Zapdos and Articuno lol.

I have been lovin Pokemon for a very long time, so it’s always interesting that even after all this time, I can still find new favourites. So, mine are Pokemon I’ve really come to love over the past few years. Exeggutor is the most recent one, I just love that guy. Kabutops is probably the longest standing favourite of the bunch, followed by Claydol.

2 Likes

I always used to rock Starmie in Crystal. Being able to have a moveset of Surf, Psychic, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam was insane haha.

5 Likes

Top tier pokemon

7 Likes

Mine is “ditto is a failed mew clone” propaganda.

14 Likes

Favorite pokemon for sure

4 Likes