spewin

That moment when you’ve been watching an item forever and have told the seller to let you know if they become interested in offers and that you’d be happy to deal through paypal and then you notice they have dropped the price by $50 or so to what your limit was and sold it so u missed out and they got slammed with 50-60$ in fees they wouldn’t have paid if they gave you the heads up.

Dang, happens to all of us I spose.
What’s the best (missed out) story you have as of late?

3 Likes

About two months ago I had a snipe in on a vnd dong listing where one of the serial numbers was 09090909 (the first two digits are always the year). I was just sick when I saw the listing was closed early:(

1 Like

Happened to me 2 months ago as well.

I was waiting for cardcollector-uk to put up PCG4 cards on eBay. I offered to pay private since we have done business many times over the past 2 years. Cards were listed on eBay and I was ~30 minutes too late. Missed out on Espeon ex and Umbreon ex in mint/gem mint condition. Everyone here knows I would have paid 3x the list price if given the chance. :\

Shameless shout out to everyone on UPCCC: If you won those cards and want some PSA prices – Hit me up.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure “pokemonmaster556” won those

I’ve mostly had bad timing with big purchases. @elam18 has tried to help me get the New Year Present card twice now and each time I have ended up disappearing due to work picking up and then feel too embarrassed to message him because I missed my shot and feel like I wasted his time.

Sooo yeah… If you’re reading this, wicked sorry but still appreciate your help! Spring time is just one of the worst times for me in terms of purchases because school ends and then I work my ass off for the entire summer.

1 Like

There was a PSA 10 Rayquaza Gold Star on auction on ebay last year! had to start work at 9.00am which was the same time the auction was going to end. I placed $800.00 on it and was winning! I was riding the bidders high. Never lost a bid, I didnt think anyone wanted to bid more than that on the card. I WAS A FOOl, young foolish and arrogant, so full of myself. I can remember my stupid grin as I thought to myself, “yep thats another Rayquaza in the bag, I’m soooo Seto Kaiba”.

A few second to go until 9.00am. A higher bid was made so I placed a bigger one $999.00 it said I was winning. But I did the dumbest, moronic thing! I got up took my eyes off my phone for a few seconds to sign on for my shift. Because of the excitement I completely forgot to sign in earlier. AND I LOST.

I stared at my screen in shock. I lost that Rayquaza. I wanted it bad. Lol what an idiot I was! From memory it ended up going for $1100.00 USD There was 12 Rayquaza Gold Star cards in PSA 10 at the time. Had a clean new case with a neatly placed label. that beautiful clean, straight label. GONE!

2 Likes