Got sniped on high priority cards. Twice.

Happened just tonight. I barely missed an ebay listing for a card that hasn’t been sold on ebay for months (was too late by ~20 minutes). That’s already bad enough. Then I check the very same ebay profile one hour later and he uploaded and sold ANOTHER card I’ve been looking for months within that hour. My disappointment is immeasurable and my night is ruined.
Anyone else got these moments when luck is just not on your side? What’s the silver lining here?

4 Likes

Had this happen to me a couple times. Ive been setting alarms on my phone the day an auction ends for like 5-10 minutes before so i dont forget

2 Likes

Yeah I follow many things and fall asleep, and miss like half of them.

7 Likes

Damn, what cards were you after?

@rybatony, yeah, auctions are one thing. But at least you have a few days to notice them. With those buy it nows, it’s a matter of living in the right time zone. At least I now know that those items I’m looking for are generally super popular. Which is a good and a bad thing.

2 Likes

@casual, Japanese Gold Star Charizard and Japanese Shining Charizard PSA 10.

1 Like

Damn, really in demand ones but I’m sure they’ll pop up

@casual ,There’s a shining charizard on ebay, but he wants over 10,000 bucks for it. Not gonna happen. The one I missed sold for 2100€, which I would have been totally comfortable with.

1 Like

Yeah I see it. 1750 euro.

Looks like someone bought them out, the seller sold 9 charizards today!

@casual, Yeah, and since he’s located in France I would have saved custom fees as well. What a bummer. If you excuse me, I’m gonna cry myself to sleep now and keep on collecting tomorrow.

9 Likes

I feel your pain…

Back a few years ago, I fell asleep TWICE from exhaustion from waiting on auctions because of different time zones and from focusing on my studies.

I missed a tropical wind 1999 sold for 99$.

5 Likes

Have you ever considered using gixen or a similar service? The basic functionality is totally free. It allows you to win cards in your sleep and pay for them once you wake up!

Unfortunately it wasn’t on ebay, and back then it was already difficult trying to figure out using random sites like yahoo auctions without any instructions.

I use GIXEN to make snipe bids on eBay. The only thing you’ll have to worry about is if their servers go down.

1 Like

Gixen is a great service and I love it.

Missed out on a PSA 9 Wartortle State championship a month or so ago due to having to work. I should of bid on it before leaving for work but I forgot and was in a hurry to get to work. After I finished my shift the auction ended with one bid…

RIP, RipGuyFawkes

:slightly_frowning_face:

Is there a way to get alerted every-time an auction that matches some parameters pops up?

I hate missing an auction and then realizing it sold for MUCH lower than my max.

1 Like