Special Delivery Charizard Lottery

Did you try using a dofferent address or just adding things to the address you are using example.

If your address is
1234 main street

Try something like: 1234 main street unit 1

1234 main street1

Things like that tend to get around filters and restrictions

1 Like

I tried it as soon as you posted it and no it didnt work. I still have one code left.

Have you tried having a friend or family member check out using their mailing address? Maybe a full proof way is give a friend your code, have them pay and ship to their house. So you are completely removed (mailing address, billing address, IP address)

1 Like

The only way I’ve has success is shipping to different addresses as a guest. I know the mailing address is one of the filter snags. Using the same credit card might be one as well, but I can’t confirm that. I would try shipping to a work address or family member/friend. Also, switch it up by using a different computer/tablet/phone and different web browsers, as I’m sure there is more than one single filter.

1 Like

Some people are just… dumb. We can try to say these are people with disposable income in the hundreds of thousands but it’s still a dumb thing to do, live and learn for them.

More money than sense is the American way, and I can’t say I haven’t let FOMO get the best of me before…

1 Like

My SDC just arrived and, despite the Fedex drivers attempts to destroy everything that could possibly be in that box, it’s in great condition. Front centering is perfect too. Edges don’t seem bad considering the QC on this print run either.

Now I’m wondering from a value standpoint, does it make sense to toss this into my next PSA sub or is this thing going to end up being worth less than the grading fees?

1 Like

What a coincidence, mine JUST arrived, I can’t complain about my FedEx driver too much, he hid the box and tossed a small bubble envelope to the side, I guess he drained his good karma with the hiding and said fuck it and tossed it a few feet away, lmao, guess what was inside the bubble envelope? The Charizard, it was slightly bent but not creased thankfully, inspected it with a flashlight and zero damage, so into a top-loader it goes for a while… I’m surprised they sent it separately, I’m guessing the giant metal sign was a big no-no to put it inside, I thought they’d mail it flat but they sent it standing in a HUGE box with lots of air pillows, I guess they got so many complaints they’ve scolded the packers to give a few fucks.

I would grade it, I mean it’s a pretty neat promo and very unique in its type.

1 Like

I was lucky in that whatever Pokemon Center employee boxed my order was one of the ones smart enough to tuck it under one of the interior flaps, which held it in place and kept it flat in transit.

I’ll go ahead and grade it – I believe it’s a 10 contender, which shouldn’t be so surprising but I’ve seen some horror stories about QC and shipping practices.

1 Like

40% PSA 10 rate currently. 134 have been submitted, 54 PSA 10s.

1 Like

Eh 40% for the highest quality submitted.

1 Like

134 submitted seems very low for the amount that’s out there now. Could be lots of QC issues that people know won’t get a 9 or 10. But maybe lots have been submitted and still waiting. Will be interesting to see the pop in a few months.

1 Like

For all the ones already graded, they were graded on a more expensive fast turnaround time service. So I doubt people were sending in borderline 8/9 cards to get graded, they were sending in 9 to 9/10 cards to get graded at this point.

So with that said, the 40% 10 hit rate might be as high as it gets. We will see a lot of 8s and 9s come in that are graded months from now under the bulk service level.

EDIT: As @zork suggested, for whatever reason placing the order on mobile without being logged in did the trick. Good luck.

I tried one code, worked. Tried a 2nd, didn’t work, gave the code to my friend if he was interested, still didn’t work for him with his own address/etc. I’ve been in contact with customer service and they’ve been no help.

My other friend bought a code from a good seller, didn’t work.

I would say only go for one copy and if your purchase doesn’t complete go refund the code with Ebay. Probably a waste of time to do anything else. Good luck everyone.

2 Likes

As a last resort, you can try what I had to do and purchase on your phone browser – for some reason desktop (credit card AND paypal) wouldn’t go through but it worked just fine on my phone.

1 Like

still no code
sadness

9 Likes

It worked! No idea why, but I’m glad. I’ve edited my previous comment. Thanks.

1 Like

They really need to fix that – so weird, but glad it worked for you too!

1 Like

Was it to the same address as your original order or somewhere else? I’m thinking of buying another code on eBay but I’m wondering if they will cancel it if they notice it’s a previously used address even if doing checkout as a guest.

Same address as before; the only potentially relevant detail there is that my 1st order had already arrived when I placed this 2nd one (not intentional just the way it worked out). On mobile I used Chrome, was not logged in, checked out with Paypal. Some (or all) of that may not matter at all, no idea.

A code my friend bought isn’t working no matter what he does? Really difficult to tell what exactly works, and why.

1 Like