Solid Gold Pikachu Card Value

Renewing insurance and need to record a value for the gold cards. Besides a receipt from when purchased, I cant find any documentation at all that might reflect today’s value.
Any ideas?

Extremely scarce and niche.

Unfortunately I don’t think there’s been a single public sale on any sellers platform. It’s going to be purely a matter of opinion… unless you put the value of the actual weight in gold.

1 Like

Gold has gone up nearly 20% since the release. That amount can be easily justified. I suspect there’s also been a bit of an increase in collectible value? You just need something to point to. If nothing else, maybe this thread will do?

I wish I knew about this card when it originally came out :sob: $$$$

Are we talking 20th anniversary gold Pikachu?
216,000 yen? 11 grams of 24k gold?
www.pokemoncenter-online.com/?p_cd=4521329191034 ?

Card price was: ~$2,000
Gold value is: ~$460

Or are there other golden Pikachu cards?

Yes, that’s the one. Gold value increased almost 20% so that could add a hundred bucks but has the collectible value moved at all? That’s my question.

2 Likes

Say you missed out on purchasing it at release and one popped up on ebay. What would your max bid be?

Good question but tough to answer. I’d need a little more info on what it’s value is today. Back then it was $2,000.00 usd and was selling fast so that was the right price. This many years later there’s nothing to go on that I can find besides opinion. I have mine but don’t want to give it so as not to influence the smart guys here as they give their opinions.

1 Like

One of the most popular PokeTuber’s, MaxMoeFoe - opened one of these last year. His video has over 2.6 million views and the title says it’s an $8,000 card. Granted that might mean Australian ($5,667 USD). While no one knows the accuracy due to lack of sales, that’s something popular you can point to that puts the value at over $5K.

2 Likes

If I had the money right now, I would probably max myself at $3500 due to no sales, even though @pokenastic said w/ the Youtube video thinking roughly $5k. How badly I really want that card though, I could possibly go $5k.

1 Like

I watched that video the other day. It was made right after the ‘card’ was released so really it was worth whatever the retail value was at that time. In the video he points to another copy listed (not sold) at 8k and even says he knows it’s not sold at 8k but he’s going to say it’s an 8k card anyway. Pretty misleading title

Thanks for adding the video to this thread. It could help.
Unfortunately I couldn’t watch much of it cause that guy is sooooooooooo annoying. After 3 minutes I wanted to shoot myself lol.

10 Likes

If it matters, Quuador is offering $3,250 for one of these on his Pikachu Wanted List.

2 Likes

Giving that they’re all off centered.

$5

3 Likes

Honestly this is the only data point that matters thus far in this thread. I would safely say $3,250 @garyis2000. Anything else is unsubstantiated speculation honestly.

2 Likes

And theres me thinking Gary is trolling with the McDonalds gold cards

:laughing:

FWIW: Here some data I’m aware of:

1. The original retail price we know: 200,000 Japanese Yen. For people outside of Japan this meant additional middleman, shipping, and import fees. For me that would be around 2750 USD in total. Since I bought my car a few months earlier, I didn’t want to spend that much money on a single card, not even a gold Base Pikachu. On one end I kinda regret it now, but on the other end it was a good decision to not spend that much money back then…
  2. In the 3-4 months after the Solid Gold Pikachus were made and given to the original buyers, I’ve seen three being sold. One sold for the original 200,000. One for 225,000. And one for 255,000. (All three on YJ, so prices in Japanese Yen.)
  3. I’ve seen a couple for sale on eBay, usually asking 8,000 - 10,000 USD. None of those have been sold a.f.a.i.k.
  4. The one bought by that YouTuber mentioned earlier for 8,000 AU is probably the highest sold price thus far. Which would be around 5,7k USD in the current AUD to USD exchange rate (not sure what it was at the time he bought it, but not that much of a difference compared t now I assume).

If I had to put a price on one in the current market, I’d say around 4-6k USD. Although I state 3.250 USD in my buy list, those prices are on the low end of what I’m willing to spend, and all prices are negotiable. I can’t be too picky about prices considering that for some cards I have yet to see a single one being for sale based on the last 4-5 years, so I’m not going to haggle too much and will accept a reasonable higher price pretty easily. For the Solid Gold Pikachu I would probably be willing to spend around 4,000 USD as my absolute max right now (if it’s a properly centered one, otherwise 3,750 USD is my max).

EDIT/UPDATE: Additional purchase history. And I’m willing to pay 6k at this point in time.

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes

@garyis2000,

Maybe these can help?

www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=yugioh+Blue+Eyes+White+Dragon+20th+800+promo+ANNIVERSARY+silver+edition&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=yugioh+Blue+Eyes+White+Dragon+20th+ANNIVERSARY+silver+edition+From+Japan&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&LH_TitleDesc=0

www.ebay.com/itm/Yugioh-Blue-Eyes-White-Dragon-20th-ANNIVERSARY-GOLD-EDITION-500-From-Japan/153418893324?hash=item23b87a880c:g:Td4AAOSwdC5cZgqb

www.ebay.com/itm/Yugioh-Blue-Eyes-white-Dragon-800-Promo-20th-ANNIVERSARY-SILVER-EDITION-Japan-/163545142052?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

2 Likes

The difference between the Yugioh gold card and the pokemon is that the yugioh had a limited amount produced. It was announced from the beginning that only X amount will be produced (Gold was 500 copies I believe but I‘m not sure). Pokemon company made ahige mistake, they let people pre order and simply produced as many as have been bought… pretty ridiculous to IMO. I love the release of the yugioh gold and silver BEWD but the release of the pilachu was more of a money grab it seems…

They were burger kingggggg, just fyi haha.

2 Likes