Gold pikachu

Wondering if anyone got there hands on the 20th anniversary gold pikachu so tempted of purchasing the one currently on eBay , does anybody know how many were made

That’s the million dollar question isn’t it? :tada:
They should have given them certification numbers. Though I can’t imagine that very many were made.

Has so much potential this card

LOL UnlistedLeaf and all his false knowledge is slowly leaching onto the forum. :blush:

This card isn’t as rare as he made it out to be… Just caution if that is why you are interested in purchasing it because it is the “most expensive” card

2 Likes

To be fair no one knows how many were produced. For example only 100 copies of that card with the singers face on it (too lazy to look up its name) were produced and those were everywhere on account of people flipping them to make a quick buck. I honestly would have a hard time believing that more than 1000 gold cards were produced since they were made to order. I would venture to say less than that were produced as a lot of collectors held off on buying it out of uncertainty…which actually will help the cards value in the long run. Couple that with gold prices and the fact that people collect pokemon cards, pikachu items and gold bars and you may be on to something. Will it be worth as much as the illustrator? No, mostly likely not. Will it increase in value over time if it proves itself difficult to come by, yes.

tl;dr: only time will tell!

The problem with unlistedleaf is that he is providing false valuations of the gold pikachu card. Speculating on the future value is one thing, but he outright stated, “it has already doubled in two weeks”, which is empirically false. He also stated the re-sale value is huge for this card. Again, another claim with no actual merit.

I appreciate what the guy does to hype the hobby, but hype can clearly go to far, as in the case with this gold pikachu.

2 Likes

Hahaha oh no! I wasn’t defending him, just stating my two cents! I know of no second hand sales of this card. Only people like myself who purchased it directly. I only know four people personally, not counting the one or two on eBay or yahoo Japan who purchased one.

2 Likes

Ha I hadn’t even seen the unlisted lead until you said I was just thinking pikachu in gold gold value is always a winner base set card , 20th anniversary thrown is aswell everything points to a winning card plus you can’t deny it would look awesome sitting on your bedside table