smpratte Youtube Channel

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I noticed the volume as well when I uploaded to youtube. I have a small/mobile mic on the way from amazon I will try and see if it makes a difference.

For those who mentioned the clutter, what did you mean specifically, the decks/booster boxes in the background? I have some of my more recent orders and/or psa orders always in my office, and didn’t know if it would be something people like see in the background.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_fqEouMTb0

this is something you should be concerned about. this is fucking crazy.

I liked them and will definitely follow the series. I hope you continue it on.

I think the second video was a little roundabout and could have used a mention of simple supply and demand. I waited for those words all video. You mentioned many reasons for demand including species, story, release, etc. and alluded to supply via “rarity” but failed to use the actual words which I think would have helped it. At the end of the day it all goes back to supply and demand and you can even add in the cards “fame” or “popularity” which fuels the demand. Some/many cards are even demanded more solely due to the short supply. Supply and demand as we all know is why the illustrator is worth more than those piplup, munchlax, and turtwig promos. Higher supply, much higher demand. Same goes for 4/102 1st edition PSA 10 having the highest pop of all holos but a much higher price.

That being said they were great videos. It would be cool to see more cameos of your collection in the background throughout the series.

@hisoka107 I always wondered what would happen if a multimillionaire came in with $1million+ to put into Pokemon “investments”. Imagine it. $5k and such is a lot to all of us common folk, but there are people out there who can easily buy each of the next 10,000 listings of PSA 10 1st edition auctions. I wonder what the effects would be.

Martin Shkreli taking an interest in magic will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

@gottaketchumall

Thanks! I will try and pepper my cards in the background periodically.

In relation to the second video, it was more stream of consciousness. You are right that it would have been better to simply state the good old terms, “supply and demand”. Funny you made the analogy about the distributor promos and illustrator, that is exactly the same analogy I did in another video about value I didn’t upload. Probably the best example of how rarity is only one aspect of value/demand.

@hisoka107

This has actually happened a bit on high end trophy cards. By “this” I mean individuals who are looking for an “unregistered asset” turn to trading cards, some have turned to pokemon. I will hopefully make a video with a “tell all” about the illustrator, and offers I have received on my high end items. I can say for now, hedge funds were mentioned in a sale for an illustrator.

I wasn’t entirely sure what Alpha Investments was suggesting, was it that the Martin guy was going to influence WOTC to reprint cards?

Please make that video about the illustrator. It doesn’t even have to be a video, just a close up of the card and you can talk over that if you want. Or not.

Superb vids. I know that guy.

Love the videos but where did you get that shirt?

MTG reserve list is cards that will never have a reprint done. So they’re the best investment cards in the hobby because of good old supply and demand. Also a very easy list of cards that can have their price point manipulated if you have enough capital to buy enough available supply.

So buy all the supply and any more that become availabe, set a reserve selling price point that you and your friends will hold to and monoploize the market because the governement isn’t going to stop unregistered assests from being monoplized.

1 Like

Ah ok that makes more sense! When Rudy was crossing off the cards on the list, I wasn’t sure if that meant they were re-printed, but your explanation makes sense.

Can’t speak for him, obviously, but they’re on eBay. I bought mine there.

1 Like

If pokesynd ever won the lottery we will see what happens first hand.

I wonder how much he would have to put in to complete his BGS 10 no raritan collection :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If I won the lottery I’d do the same as the Martin guy but it wouldnt’ be for monetary gain. I’d do it to make master sets and make decks adn open a store where you can play.

1 Like

for sure, my collection goals would definitely widen up a bit and opening up a store would be awesome

Everyone here hear my words of destruction… I will become the greatest poke seller who ever lived and destroy both smprattican and garinson… You shall all see, this is my goal in life. I just need to get out of debt first, and den i can destroy you all business wise.

Of course this will be done for the peeps aswell, and people will have pokecards provided to them in all the lands from pokesynd.

@selodin if i won lottery, every dollan would be spent on pokemoon ceeards, and to further destroy smprattican ect, by buying his complete inventory… all his trophies would never leave my collection though xD
Also I would flush out that prerelease raichu with massive offer that they cant refuse. Why noone has done this yet is beyond me… Maybe it because noone won lottery yet in poke community.

Wait till Warren adopts me.

Watched this… anmd been watching all this guys vids. Dis be some scary shit.

0/10 needs more nudity.

5 Likes

If I get 100k subscribers, done!

1 Like

Instructions unclear.
Driving naked to Scott’s.

2 Likes