Smpratte / Gary interview video .. the big question!!

Great video, great journey and most of all just a big thank you. Guys like this,in my opinion are the Main reasons/people that keep Pokémon cards values strong, and overall keep the hobby alive. So in the next 7-12 years the cards will hopefully be worth 2-4x more than what they are today… not that I’m a flipper but its good to know you hold a very scarce card(s) with a big dollar amount next to it.

But, my big question… Do we think Pokemon will release the 1st edition stamp , will they bring back a new and improved Nostalgic generation of cards ?? What are the chances of this ??
Because if they do… I wonder how long that series of cards will last. I know there will be collectors(Especially today’s market) that will come in with deep pockets and buy heavy.

I hope this happens. And IF it does, what does that mean for the original 1st editions that we all hold ? Do there values increase/decrease ?

Thanks !
Armin R.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. Scott did a great job on coming up with ideas and putting them on video. Some of your questions will come up on other videos we shot that he’ll upload soon.

Btw…he shot down some of my ideas like shooting in a cemetery and a video titled “The Pokemon Graveyard” lol.

10 Likes

Would slapping a 1st edition stamp for new product mean that it would actually become valuable in the future? The amount that’s printed now along with some of the sets being lackluster for the old crowd, I think it would need to be well planned to be mean anything for the future. Cater to all generations. Either way I hope it happens.

-Matthew

1 Like

This was an awesome video. It was 40 minutes in length but it was a breeze to watch, I was enjoying every second of it. The more videos with Gary and Scott together the better, I say.

2 Likes

This was a great video and they have a separate thread for voting the 1st edition stamp back. I have done a ton of research and have to overall agree that bringing the 1st edition stamp back would not be a good thing. Most of other users have brought up valid reasons on the 1st edition voting thread. The 1st edition stamp in this generation would only appeal to older collector’s to hoard and if Pokemon needs to appeal to a new crowd, they will have to come up with something different. All the product now is being massively produced and we do not know how much more print runs they will be doing of each set. It also may in turn, sour some old collector’s to keep collecting, but it is hard to say. Honestly if they do it, it feels like wasted energy to contemplate what the market could be. Gary just did his research and saw that the market was going to go up and invested correctly as you should in any hobby. I was doing sports cards for a little bit but it is a lot harder because it depends on a players stats, fans, and a lot more fakes. It is hard to say whether the 1st edition stamps from the old cards would increase or decrease. I think that if they did do it, it might lose the appeal to the original 1st edition runs, but who knows…

Love these two! Absolutely the best videos on cards of any kind on youtube

Really enjoyed listening and watching this video!

if they did the first boxes are going to be horded by sellers like a mofo also the current card stock to me feels cheap and shitty compared to the old wotc cards it would kinda be like slapping a Lamborghini sticker on a mini you aint fooling no1 bro lol kinda like the new shining cards i mean yeah they arent terrible and im sure people liked them but that aint got shit on the old ones :wink:

the vid tho was really good :grin: got to like 25mins in and had to press pause to go do something and was surprised it was at 25 mins lol thought was like 5 :grin: good shit boys.

I am really looking forward to your guys next video. These past few videos have been nothing short of priceless.

1 Like

I agree with everyone above. Awesome job guys. Thank you for keeping the hobby alive. This motivates me to do it my own way, despite the fact that 90% of my friends and family do not support the Pokemon t.c.g. Damn shame. If they only knew.

1 Like

Haha. My girl thinks I’m nuts. Fuckem all !!

3 Likes

I’m really excited for future videos. Popcorn is waiting in the Micro! I hope you guys discuss the questions I asked about the “no damage” ninetales and your opinions on factory lines, but all in time of course. Thanks for the content. It’s a lot of fun!

1 Like

Gary’s favourite Pokemon is Venusaur?!! Wuuuuuuttttttt :open_mouth:

My wife doesnt get it but the other day she told me to go on Amazon to check out some Pokemon stuff for a sale, so that was nice. She may not understand but at least she is being a good wife and thinking of me lol (Even though I didnt spend anything on Amazon)

1 Like

I have to ask, why didn’t Steve buy two PSA 10 1st Ed Charizards on his own rather than buy a percentage of 13 separate cards?

Wouldn’t that have been easier than down the track having to organise buyouts of shares?

!!!

Diversification

Because he’s investing in the pot, not the individual cards