smpratte Youtube Channel

After some recent discussion on the forum, I decided to make a few youtube “test” videos for feedback. Let me know your (mature) thoughts, these are currently private and wanted to get feedback before posting publicly. More specifically, let me know if this is something you want, if this is something you think is needed, if there are topics you wish were discussed. I have spoken with members, friends, other collectors in the community and felt like this was something that is lacking and could hopefully help the hobby:

How to invest in Pokemon

Determining Value of Pokemon Cards.

13 Likes

I enjoyed the videos , very informative and professional , Ive learned since I’ve start collecting again in 2014 is definitely needing to have patience.

2 Likes

Sweet videos! Please do more, your knowledge and insight into the hobby makes for interesting viewing especially for someone who is serious about collecting Pokemon. I dont really know of any other video analyzing the hobby.

2 Likes

the volume is little low. That is my only critique. very very good.

6 Likes

Nice videos, I think they’re good to be released publicly. The information in them is well needed. Plus the background (your room) is treasured filled, who wouldn’t want to watch them? Great job, Pratte.

1 Like

I think these would be great ^^!

1 Like

Awesome, would love more!

1 Like

all good

1 Like

If the presenter was a scantily clad female with a body that is beyond achievable for 99% of the population then I might have paid attention.

You can’t silence me with mature tags.

7 Likes

You should totally make more videos, good stuff.

1 Like

OMG you are so good looking! =p

One criticism of an otherwise great start is the background is messy. I am very keen on watching more and more of these!

@garyis2000 you’re up next :wink:

3 Likes

True, could’ve organized a little better.

2 Likes

Sign me up, I got ya @milhouse

HOW DARE YOU PUT THAT TROPHY PIKA DOWN WITH SUCH FORCE SMPRATTICAN! WHAT IF YOU PUT A NICK IN HIM FROM SHUFFLE HITTINGS. after math ect… I will throw things at you… Pm’d.

Watched them both, the first one could do with being called an introduction to investing but doesn’t take away from the content at all so great job Scott. As mentioned before your mic is a little on the quiet side :blush:

1 Like

Excellent videos, much enjoy. Would watch more.

1 Like

What’s YouTube?

4 Likes

Really good! Do you think as the ‘newer generation’ of kids who grew up with pokemon (say the last 5-8 years) gain disposable income, cards from that era will approach older cards in desirability, or that their value would increase proportionally more than the oldest cards? I’d imagine they’d become more popular, but probably not on the same level. I can’t imagine LV.X cards being as sought after as old exs, for example.

1 Like

Great videos, very informative, would watch more :blush:

1 Like

I personally see the Full-Arts and Secret Rares going up in value as time goes on. For one, they are pretty difficult to pull. Second, PSA-Gem-Mint 10’s will skyrocket. Lv. X’s didn’t gain huge popularity, neither did Old School Ex’s. On “Average” Lv. X cards are worth $5 each. There are a few that have went up in value recently (Uxie, Luxray, Glaceon, Snorlax, Leafeon). On average Old School Ex cards are worth roughly around $10 each. Once again, there are some cards worth more than that, and also some worth less. Popularity really depends on what the consumer likes. When Full-Arts came out, people were very Excited! Still to this day, they are some of my favorite pokemon cards ever released. Obviously cards like Lugia, Mewtwo, Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur will always have high popularity. It’s completely up to the consumer what the market price of cards will be in the future. Look at Generation cards right now. They are being so mass-produced that the values on nearly every card in the set is super cheap. Even Charizard Ex is only $6 currently. With Blastoise and Venusaur Ex’s around $2-$4 each. Will they go up in value in the future? Of course. It’s a Limited 20th Anniversary set; even if TPCI prints a million generation packs… It’s all up to supply and demand, my friend.

1 Like