SM7 Charisma of the Wrecked Sky

I decided to make a discussion thread for this upcoming Japanese set which will release on June 1st. The set seems to focus on Hoenn Pokemon and it will include Rayquaza, which was revealed today with a blurry image:

It’s beautiful! :heart_eyes: I have a feeling this is going to be a good set. In English this set will probably be combined with the SM6B (the Neo + Ex era reprint set) so that will be an interesting release as well.

Also, the set name really reminds me of Clash of the Blue Sky…

What are your thoughts about this set? Of course there is very little information so far but I think we should get to know more soon.

7 Likes

The GX cards look better than a lot of the GX full arts. That Ray and Charizard GX (Burning Shadows) look so good!

4 Likes

Woah we’re getting another Charizard GX?

1 Like

I meant the burning shadows zard. :blush:

In case anyone is wondering.
Speculation of the translation is:
Ability- once you play rayquaza gx from your hand onto the bench, you may discard the top three cards from your deck. If you do you may put one basic energy from the discard pile onto your rayquaza gx.

Attack- this attack does 30 damage times the amount of basic grass and basic lightning energy on all your pokemon.

(Think being paired with vikavolt or venusaur)

Gx attack- discard your hand and draw 10 cards

1 Like

In terms of playability it looks currently like a strictly worse Tapu Bulu GX - but it definitely has some potential, but with the game becoming speedier again it might not be good enough to maintain player demand. Also notable for being the first rayquaza ever with a grass energy attack cost

Rayquaza is definitely a dope pokemon though, easily one of my favorite legendaries and gen 3 is filled with legends I love

1 Like

I hate the name of this set. Sounds very cheesy and non-English. Pokemon English sets rarely have 3 words let alone 4 or in this case 5…

It looks like the English name will be: Celestial Storm.

Celestial Storm honestly sounds like a really cool name for a set - I love it already. Roaring skies is another favorite recent name of mine - really feels in that vein

I’m happy Latias is finally getting some love. Apart from Promo cards there wasn’t any Latias released on sets during the XY era?! Meanwhile Latios had various EX cards and so on. But now she’s getting a cool Prism card.

7 Likes

Green and gold Rayquaza FA?

F*ck yeah.

2 Likes

More nice cards being revealed:

Also, they are going to do something new according to PokeBeach: There will be a package for sale (in Japan) with 2 SM7 booster boxes plus a deck box and sleeves! That’s a really nice idea, that package will apparently retail for around $90:

5 Likes

Blaziken GX is one of the coolest looking in a while

1 Like

That Steven full art is awesome!

I wonder if mega evolutions are just a thing of the past now?

1 Like

They seem like another gimmick for the generation that they originated in; Kalos. You’ll probably see them again in another 5-10 years when we get a Kalos remake lol.

It was also big in omega ruby/alpha sapphire, which is why I brought it up for this set.

Pretty damn disappointed at the fact that we will not be getting a M Charizard X FA. Imagine a dragon type S&M style FA of it?!

I can only dream…

1 Like

The thing that bugs me the most about Megas in the TCG is that they never even finished getting all of them to card form.

Mega Pinsir, Lopunny, Abomasnow, Medicham, Banette, Sableye and Latias are all swept under the same rug that Baby Pokemon and Kadabra were left to die.

3 Likes

New Salamence card revealed! Looking derpy *-*

2 Likes