shipping insurance?

How much insurance can I get with fedex or ups? I know usps limits 5k and I was hoping to cover more than that

USPS registered mail can cover up to $50k. I’ve only ever used usps so I’m not sure about the other limits but I’m sure someone else does on here as a lot of people prefer to use fedex overnight. Anything over $50k you may have to venture into third party insuring or something.

1 Like

Thank you That sounds perfect

You can use USPS Registered Mail if you want to insure higher value items, and it’s much cheaper! The downside is that it’s typically very slow and you need to buy special registry tape.

Please be aware that FedEx in my experience does not honor their insurance.

My father sold some memory modules for computers (server memory) that were very expensive (at the time), the FedEx employee took modules out of the box, re sealed it, and delivered the package.

When the box arrived the weight was not correct. FedEx refused to honor their insurance or assist in any way shape or form.

Just a cautionary tale from my experiences

im thinking of usps registered mail

1 Like

I think this is a unique scenario that doesn’t warrant the blanket claim that they don’t honor their insurance. The package was delivered. It’s extremely difficult to prove the item was stolen and not messed with by the receipt attempting to commit insurance fraud.

If the package is not delivered I’d be hard pressed to believe that FedEx wouldn’t pay up.

I would be remiss if I didn’t warn people after a family member was screwed so badly.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I think you’ve provided a valuable experience to the community. I just think it’s not quite accurate to say FedEx just doesn’t honor insurance claims.

I think the situation you describe would be the same result for any other carrier. Only exception I can think of is USPS registered mail since the tape is tamper proof.

does goods and services cover the seller as well?

Check the transaction, it should say 'Seller protection: Eligible" in green letters.

If you see that, you are covered.

It’s always best to send the buyer an invoice, then check to see if seller protection is eligible

You are always supposed to wait until the seller protection say eligible and then ship to the the address paypal tells you. If you ship to any other address you are not covered.

Serious question: besides business licensed insurance companies for things like jewelry transport Parcel Pro, has there ever been a pokemon case in which USPS/FedEx/UPS/Collectibles shipping insurance has actually paid out the full value of a
lost or damaged card?

2 Likes