Shining Legends / Fair price / where to buy?

I Was planning on buying a handful of shining legends packs when they come out.

On what looks like the official website, they say if you buy there they ship out 2 weeks earlier then anywhere else.

www.pokemoncenter.com/pok%C3%A9mon-tcg%3A-shining-legends-elite-trainer-box-%28ships-2-weeks-early%29-290-80319

I found a guy on facebook who said he would sell a case (10 elite trainer boxes) for 350 shipped and insured. So 35 a box.

Is that about the best price someone could expect to get on a bulk purchase?

Thanks

1 Like

Just to add to this Mewtwo pin collection or pikachu pin collection is actually a better deal than buying the elite trainer box. Unless looking to get all the extra things that come with it like the dice and sleeves or the promo ho-oh. If looking just for packs though pin collection is the way to go.

1 Like

Really? I figured If I paid 35 a box, I could sell the contents for about 10 bucks and then keep the packs and be in around 2.50 a pack.

If he is selling to you for $35 each you are really lucky idk how the seller selling to you is going to profit. Normal retail price is going to be 49.99. I was going based off normal retail price most people will pay. If paying normal retail price of go with pin collection unless the ho-oh promo is what is wanted. Yeah you could sell the extra contents in the box but that’s extra leg work and also it could take a long time to sell if at all.

1 Like

If you don’t care about getting the ETBs 2-weeks early paying that $49.99 price from the Pokemon Center online, Wal-Mart has pre-orders up for $36.80 each w/ free shipping, which is far and away the best you are going to get unless you really are getting distributor pricing…and even then, it’s probably comparable:

www.walmart.com/ip/Poke-mon-TCG-Shining-Legends-Elite-Trainer-Box-New-October-2017-Release/308355843

Wal-Mart also has the Ho-0h Premium Collection box for $66, though the pre-order keeps running out of stock (luckily managed to snag 6x of these), so set your in-stock alert and buy when you can…otherwise, retail price for these is going to be $80…again, Wal-Mart has some ridiculously low pricing for these that are not likely to be matched by anyone:

www.walmart.com/ip/Pokemon-TCG-Shining-Legends-Super-Premium-Ho-Oh-Collection/571822488

I see, and I understand what you mean.
I guess I will see what happens.

SportsandMore are doing their flash sale for the premium collection. This is about as cheap as you will find the box. Better hurry!

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Shining-Legends-Super-Premium-Ho-Oh-Pikachu-Collection-Booster-Set-Box/253152178965

There was also a flash sale for the Elite Trainer Boxes going for $34.99 last I saw too. I’d had it on my watch list for the last week but removed it over the weekend.

Yeah their prices during the flash sales tend to be the best you can get unless you buy stuff by the case. They pissed me off though because they blocked my ebay account from buying stuff from them because I complained one time they ruined my Burning Shadows BB and bent all the front packs by not shipping in boxes.

Yeah for $79.99 a shipped booster box you can’t really expect it to come in a box.

I buy through them at $79.99 when I need a new set because it is cheaper than through my distributor even when buying by the case there. Plus they charge a home delivery and a cc fee which eBay does not. PLUS eBay bucks.

1 Like

Thanks for the info bought a few yesterday. :slightly_smiling_face: