Shadowless Holo Bleeds

I was curious if these were a thing in the shadowless run days? I picked this up: imgur.com/a/sbNtC But haven’t found anything about shadowless bleeds, just unlimited shadows. Thanks!

Have gotten many of these, majority theme deck holos, and they kill the grade. Not good.

Good to know. I’ll still send in for fun, just had never seen them on the shadowless sets yet. Thanks!

Surprising, depending on the pattern I feel they increase the appeal as long as its not damage to the card. I assume lots of these might have gloss damage on the front due to lighter inking.

Do most folks also feel it should decrease grade?

I always found it more appealing as well and don’t think it should dock a point or whatever. Since it came from factory like that, if anything maybe get a Qualifier or something

it’s totally a personal thing. if you like it great. personally I don’t like the way it looks on english cards with the stars. I do like the cosmo bleed on japanese cards though

I’m curious to see if it does indeed hurt the grade. I got a bleed on a 1st edition base zapdos and it came back an 8, so I guess it just depends on the person grading. I was assuming it would come back NM-MT so it didn’t seem to affect the grade.

Just sent it off, so we’ll see in about 2 months. It was NM aside from the bleeding, so hopeful for an 8 as well.

The bleed is less likely to affect a 7 or 8 than it would a 10.

they don’t add a special tag for holo bleeds on the label do they?

You’re right. They don’t.

Oh really?

Just got back from psa a hitmontop from neo discovery with a very prominent holo bleed amd it got a 9. I showcased it on efour about half a yearr ago while it was raw peopke couldnt believe the bleed on it!

Mistakes happen and bleed can be overlooked or not recognized. I think everybody understands that?

Yeah fair enough, i guess it’s the first time ive heard of a bleed docking a grade. Cards with other factory errors dont seem to be affected and i would consider bleed a factory error. Futhermore the hitmontop was prob meant to be GEM :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Upside-down movie stamp, print lines, factory stains, out of focus images, miscuts, off center are all factory that will dock a grade. I’ve never heard anything about holo bleeds affecting a grade until this thread though.

3 Likes

Do you have pics of the zapdos? I would like to see to confirm 1st ed holo bleeds are out there. Thanks!