holo bleed, 1st Ed alakazam

hi guys I acquired an 8.5 1st Ed base alakazam a week or two back and I recently noticed a holo bleed!! does anyone know if this effects value and if it does, is it a negative or positive effect, in addition to this could anyone give me a value on a card like this? I will take some pics soon when I get a chance to show the bleed but for the mean time I will describe the bleed, it looks like part of the spiral on the holo is coming through where the text is so I’m guessing that’s a holo bleed

I’ve heard of some graders docking grades for holo bleeds but I think that was mainly from Yugioh secret rare bleeds. Personally, I think holo bleed cards are awesome and unique. As for value, I wouldn’t expect it to differ much but not positive.

I would say it’s a positive as it is uncommon and does not affect the cards quality.
I paid a little extra last year for a psa 9 base Blastoise holo bleed.

1 Like

Do you have pictures? Depending on how obvious the bleed is, you could get a decent premium from Error/Misprint collectors.

here are some pics, its hard to capture on camera but can be seen more effectively in person. but u can see the spiral showing through

imgur.com/gallery/KddGyM0

Definitely hard to see. I honestly couldn’t tell where the bleed occurs. I’d try shining a bright light on it and then angling it. Without good pictures, you’re not going to get a decent offer outside the norm.

I have a strong suspicion that happened to some of my Neo genesis cards. My slowking’s only mar that I noticed upon getting it back was a small amount of foil showing behind the bottom right yellow border of the card. Same deal with my steelix iirc. been too long since I’ve seen my collection, can’t recall everything perfectly anymore though.

@pigeonsyndicate yeah, I think holo bleed is very subjective for graders and collectors alike. All I can say from my perspective is that I think holo bleed is cool and unique but some other collectors may not like it and want more uniformity in their collection so having one card w holo bleed may make it stick out.

Yeha, I honestly have no problem with holo bleed. It doesn’t detract from the overall appeal in my eyes. That being said, it doesn’t add anything unless it’s something more sizable like revelations ho-oh. I found that on accident and thought it looked sweet. However, I didn’t realize it would be considered a legitimate form of error, so I sold it a while back.