Pricing Holo Bleeds!

Hello!

I just joined because i found an interesting card today with holo bleed. I have no idea how to price or what to do with it, if it adds any value at all.

Here is the link the images - imgur.com/a/FcAQlcD

EDIT - ADDED video imgur.com/7bM0H6y

the best i could find was this listing on ebay. ( this isnt my item for sale.) :

www.ebay.com/itm/PSA-9-Shining-Rayquaza-Holo-Error-Bleed-Shining-Legends-Pokemon/274420379695?hash=item3fe4bab02f:g:plkAAOSw8OVfA9Ks

let me know what you think!

thanks!
–Ray

Most people dont like holo bleeds and they dont fetch a big premium if they do at all. (I like them though!)
As for this rayquaza, that does not look like any holo bleed I have ever seen. I dont think it is holo at all, I would say that is some damage but I cant know for sure from the pictures you provided.

I agree it’s very difficult to tell from the pictures that it isnt all holo. If you move the card around i would say 90% or more does reflect/glisten/holo whatever you wanna call it. I will try to take a video of it. It also has some of the holo specs going down the center of the card, but not as prevalent.

I am not sitting here saying i have the rarest thing ever or even expecting some sort of big premium. I just wanted to know if there’s some sort of subset of people collecting these.

Thanks!

Pricing holo bleeds can be difficult as there’s no real set standard. While only a niche amount of collectors will purchase holo-bleeds for the error, it can be purchased for a premium if the photos showcase it well. Usually they can go from $20 bucks more than the average price to ridiculous prices ranging in the hundreds with some of the outliers I’ve seen - but those are very rare cases.

No one likes holo bleeds? Send all the neo rev holo bleeds to me then people!

Ill agree with you that his rayquaza i would consider more damaged

1 Like

Not sure what information you are using to come up with “Most people dont like holo bleeds”. I would say most people really like holo bleeds and if anything normally can fetch you a slight premium. Never personally heard of anyone valuing cards less because of holo bleed. Although as others have said this does not look like holo bleed, it looks more like damage.

1 Like

There are different types of “holo bleeds” and there’s not really a fleshed out market that appreciates the nuances (yet?). Of course it helps that it’s on a popular card.
Since the front and back are printed independently, my first impression is that this is more damage than something I would describe as a holo bleed. Maybe a consequence of how the uncut sheets were stacked or something like that

So to those interested in a second glimpse here is a video i took.

imgur.com/7bM0H6y

1 Like

Interesting. It actually looks like whatever it is they use to texture cards got layered over the top front/back to create that effect. Not sure if this could be labelled as a holo-bleed, but possible a texture error. Can you feel a difference on the surface?

Yes you can feel the difference!

Then I’d say you have a very unusual texture error! Congrats! As it is, however, I’m not sure if it would appeal to many. I’ve been known to collect errors from time to time but I’m not sure if this is one I’d purchase for a premium. But who knows! I say throw it up on ebay either for bidding or a high price and see what kind of offers you get!

1 Like

Is this worth grading? Would PSA even grade it?

PSA would probably grade it but might tick it down as the error makes it seem “damaged”. To be honest though, I wouldn’t be the person to ask about PSA in regards to errors/misprints as most of the errors I’ve paid attention to being sold have been raw cards.

Either way it’s nice to have confirmation that the card isnt normal. If that is good or bad is whatever. I dont know what i plan on doing with it, but it well for sure make a cool talking piece for the collection :wink:!

1 Like

I actually dont consider the neo rev cards with extreme holo holo bleeds. I know everyone considers them holo bleeds but they dont bleed holo, I have never seen one of the card have holo on the entire card but I have also never held them so I might be wrong in that (please tell me if I am, I sound stupid then).
So if all the reactions to this post also like holo bleeds apart from the neo rev cards, I have to say I am pleasantly surprised!

1 Like

Haha i can see the confusion. Instead of bleeding onto the card they bleed onto the pokemon or at other places in the artwork that its not supposed to be