Holobleed?

I came across a few cards today that were listed to have ‘holobleed’. I never heard of this before, but from what I can see it looks like a card (that was supposed to be a regular holo) has some of the holo effect ‘bleed’ out to the rest of the card

Are these considered error cards? Is there a general appeal to them? Looks pretty cool

Holo bleed can happen to any holo card really, it’s just a minor print error like grey stamps. Most people consider them as much of an error or variation as thin/thick stamps, grey stamps, ghost stamp, etc

Holobleeds are considered errors, you can read some general indormation about them in this great guide:
www.elitefourum.com/t/masters-guide-for-pokemon-wotc-corrected-errors-test-cards/29328/1

They can look pretty sweet, depending on the card and the severity of the bleed. Most of the time (again, depending on the set), there isn’t a huge premium attached to them.

1 Like

Thanks

In my experience there are some cards that does not exist without the holo bleed, so investigate before doing any purchase

1 Like

Example of Holo bleed neo crobat:
photos.app.goo.gl/2gWNYqDEfn5R1SuSA

The normal version basically looks non-holo so in some cases they can be very desirable!

Neo revelation cards that are considered holo bleed just look like they have a second holo layer put onto them and they are the only one to carry a significant premium. Although most of the times they dont even really bleed holo since the holo is on the spot, just more extensive.

And as @papafrankgod, said some cards dont exist without it, like the recent mcdonalds promos.
Some sets like secret wonders have a lot of holo bleeded cards, and in some sets they are rarer, but they exist in close to every set.
It is a niche product and they tend to sit longer when trying to sell if they are listed for a premium.

I think they are nice, affordable way to get into the error market!

My 1st base blastoise has a slight holo bleed into the yellow border on top. You can see a few of the holo stars in it. Pretty cool. I would consider it unintentional, a manufacturing error. So imo yes.

Can confirm. Especially the McDonald’s promos of 2018+ and those Sequin sereal promos can almost not be found without holo bleed. But there are also older examples of this, like the Pikachu Libre Holofoil in all four available languages (English, German, French, and Portuguese).

Some sets also have a lot more holo bleed occurring than others. The set with the most holo bleeds is probably Secret Wonders. XY Evolutions and most of the SM and SWSH era Holofoil Rares have a pretty high chance of having holo bleed as well.

There are also different type of holo bleeds depending on the card. The Sequin sereal holofoil cards usually have more shadows of the holo pattern, than actual shiny holo bleed. I also own a Reverse Holo Pikachu with holo bleed in the artwork, which I haven’t seen that much before. Some of the textured cards (like the Hidden Fates - Shiny Vault shiny Pokémon or the SWSH Holofoil Rares) also have both holo bleed and texture similar to the artwork on the entire card.

Greetz,
Quuador