Shadowless Charizard's Price Discrepancy

Just wanted to start a discussion revolving around the following facts:

-Shadowless Charizards in PSA 9 sales are ranging from $1100-1400/1500 roughly

While:
-Shadowless Charizards in BGS 9.5 (all sub 9.5s) - $8,888 based on PWCC
-Shadowless Charizards in BGS 10 Pristine - $19,800 based on PWCC
-Shadowless Charizards in PSA 10 - Anywhere from $11,000 (I believe this was the last PWCC sale), while I have seen some members say they could fetch up to $15,000.

Taking a rough average of these sorts of sales puts a 10 worthy of value between 12-13,000. This means shadowless charizards in PSA 9 are roughly fetching 1/10 of the price of their 10 counterparts, maybe even less.

I understand these are just rough figures and values - my point being to examine this discrepancy and difference in value and to gather some thoughts on it from you guys.

I also acknowledge that large price discrepancies have happened before and still affect some cards, simply because of the scarcity and difficulty to grade 9.5 or 10.

1.) Do you think this difference is normal/correct?
2.) How do you see this difference changing in the future? (PSA 9’s increase and begin to close the gap somewhat or will the PSA/BGS 10s continue to soar while PSA 9s hold?

I think the 10x multiplier is perfectly normal. Base unlimited is even higher. I don’t see the gap getting any wider than that though. I think the 9s are slightly undervalued, but everything is starting to get adjusted. I’m curious how much the 2 at pwcc will go for.

By the way, there’s no way you’re selling a 10 for $15,000 anytime soon when the one and only Pristine copy in the world went for under $20,000… That STEAL Gary got will affect Shadowless 10 growth for at least a few months I’m sure.

I do see the gap closing slightly… You might see a 7-8x multiplier between 9s and 10s. So like $1500 9s for a $12000 10. That’s just my own noob guess. :blush:

1 Like

there’s hardly any 10’s ever for sale, I am pretty confident if you put one on Ebay for 15k that it will sell (maybe with some patience). This is however under the right circumstances (a low feedback seller probably would probably have more trouble selling it for 15k).

However, it’s hard to predict. I’d always try and aim high with these cards tho :blush:

True, I’m not even arguing the card isn’t worth it as I strongly believe the card will go for $20k within the next couple of years or so.

I’m just saying the timing isn’t very good if you want top dollar for a PSA 10 copy when a BGS 10 just sold for so cheap. I expected that one to go closer to the $30k range…

Honestly, I was expecting to pay 30k and felt like I stole it for 19.8k.

4 Likes