Price Check: PSA 10 Charizard SHADOWLESS

Hi

I’ve been trying to figure out the value of this card for a little while. Seems like the ones that has been sold last 1-2 years, which aren’t very many have quite different prices.

PSA has the estimated value sat at $120.000

But they also have some sales registered, one in February that sold for 75k and one in May for about 48k.

Very hard to try to figure out the actual value of this card.

Hopefully someone can help me :blush:

Maybe @thecharizardauthorty can help?

Rusty paid what he was willing to at a time when he wanted to acquire it. I’m fairly confident he has not sold since then so I don’t think he can offer anything more than what he has already publicly stated about what he paid for it. The data OP found is probably all that is going to be available. With a card as rare as this one, the “market” price is going to be whatever you and a buyer are willing to agree on, as that will probably be the only sale for quite some time. Somewhere between 50-100k I would guess.

That’s all the public data that is available, what would you feel comfortable paying?

PSA estimates tend to be miles off!

Theres one on PWCC Premier

5 Likes

Thanks!

I would check the last ebay sell then email these guys ask what they are willing to pay. Get your price from that. Seems like they are willing to pay 18 percent below last ebay auction. Price imgur.com/gallery/8TGLfVs
This is not for a psa 10 but for my psa 9 I was just awarded. Was just looking for a safe place to sell without being hurt from buyer fraud.

@larrylove, there aren’t any sold recently on eBay. So I think that’s the reason it’s so hard to figure out the value.

@elshod, I was thinking the same, that with so few sales and such a rare card, the value is whatever someone is willing to pay and sell for at the current time. Was just thinking if someone knew about some private sales or on other auction sites.

I think the pwcc premier auction will be great to get some new data though :grin:

1 Like

Most sales of this kind happen behind closed doors.

I would say more so of shadowless 10 cards than 1st edition 10 cards as firstly shadowless 10s are rarer and secondly there is less of a market for them (most casual collectors who haveoney to blow want 1st editions I find).

There is also a huge difference in the quality between some psa 10 cards (so prices can be more or less if it’s particularly weak or strong card).

I own a 9.5 shadowless zard that I bought privately this year ( not gonna say what I bought it for) but my estimation and after speaking with high end collectors about shadowless, is for the right buyer a psa 10 is around 50k-100k at the moment (depends who is buying and what is on the market!).

1 Like

The one at PWCC Premier Auction is at $70.000 with 1 Day 18 Hours remaining. Very curious to see what it sells for!

1 Like

More have transacted at $100k+ in the last 12 months than under $100k. Referencing 7-8 data points here.

I was the second highest bidder on the $70-75k sale. The Goldin auction under $50k doesn’t surprise me since most things there go below market averages. I’d also take into account the strength of the copies sold as this seems to be an important factor these days.

As mentioned above, Premier will be a good indication of current market imo.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info - really useful to see.

Where do you place BGS 9.5 Shadowless out of curiosity? Asking for a friend lol. :grin:

Watching it too…Seems a decent 10 too.

BGS 9.5 pricing depends entirely on the subgrade

Quads are going to be closer to the PSA 10 price but people will mostly assume 9.5’s have already received PSA 9 grade.

i have a bgs quad 9.5 shadowless and i can tell you the offers are closer to psa 9 than psa 10. i don’t agree with it, but different people view these cards differently. i think due to the rarity of this grade, psa being the dominant pokemon grader, and the very few transactions you see, it’s always how it’s going to be.

Thanks, appreciate the reply.

BGS 9. 5 is a tough one I think as not a lot of people collect them from what I understand. Personally I do, as I love the slabs and sub grades.

Gonna be holding onto mine for a verrrry long time!

I also have one, and managed to pick it up around high end 9 prices (but it was a motivated seller and done privately). I’ve heard of one selling for alot, lot more than what I got mine for in June. Seen a lot of 9.5s on for sale for crazy money though - I guess just about finding the right buyer.

105,000 on PWCC sold price

5 Likes