Shadowless Charizard Prices

Anyone got any opinions on this? I had found a PSA 9 shadowless Charizard to purchase a few months back for $375 but found something else I wanted and bought that instead.

Now looking today, there were 2 listed and sold within hours for $500 and $565 respectively. And the next cheapest Charizard 9 was a BIN at $750.

Just wondering the current and future prospects of shadowless charizards.

375??? Wow that was a fantastic deal! Shadowless Charizard PSA 9 has been around 500 for a few months (based off of Ebay sold listings) and it seems to be steadily rising, probably because of the recent PSA 10 that was just sold. I myself have a PSA 8, which lies around 250-300 right now I believe. Overall the card is already at the point where it’s extremely hard to find in NM or better condition ungraded on Ebay. I would say the 9 is pretty undervalued right now, and I could see it hitting 4 figures in a year or so. Just my honest opinion.

I would say prices will hold strong if not go higher. It’s getting tough finding shadowless charizards in good condition while everyone snatching up the higher grades and holding onto them for collecting/investing purposes. The first edition is a good example of that, closest thing from first edition is the shadowless, the demand will only continue to grow imo. I have one headed to PSA on Wednesday hoping for a 8-9

1 Like

I think a 10 sold for something like $5000+ ? Most likely why 9 prices went up as well.

I think the future is bright for shadowless charizards. The card is like a ‘diet’ first edition and it looks so much better than regular base set. I been wanting to snag a 9 for a while but I swear every one that pops up on ebay has the ugliest centering. I bet a good looking 9 will blow all other sales out of the water.

1 Like

Shadowless Charizard will be a card where the buyer is likely to be particular between different examples of the card of the same grade, similar to the First ed Charizard and higher end cards of other hobbies. Last year this card was consistently a sub-$500 card
 most likely not the case moving forward. The price of this card in the immediate future will probably vary around $500-$600 in auction depending on the “strength” of the 9. If there is little to no perceivable damage on the card outside of factory imperfections, a bidder may find incentive to bid near or above that upper limit. People are becoming increasingly specific about the eye-appeal of the card itself. The fact that collectors are so serious about possessing a high quality copy beyond what the grade denotes is a good sign, in my humble opinion, that the card’s value will continue to grow considerably. On a side note, I’d expect similar price trends to follow proportionally for other Shadowless holos. I think all of this is generally expected.

1 Like

Yeah it definitely was
 priority wise I had found something else that I thought I had wanted more, but looking back I definitely would’ve liked the charizard more

I was looking at the 2 that got snagged (the 500 and 565 one that sold today) had decent centering. The one offered for $750 with the shadowless charmander and charmeleon I personally think has ugly centering

I just paid 6000.00 for a PSA 10. Probably hi market for now?

Do you think that’s a sustainable price going forward for PSA 10s? Or are we just in a high sellers market which will settle down in the future.

Of course it’ll settle down but who knows when. Maybe everything will double in the next 5 years then settle down.

As long as kids are playing, tv and movies come out, and pi is releasing new sets, it’s safe for 10 years on,

What’s the buzz on Pokemon Go 2? Anything else like it coming out?

Unsure about anything of PokĂ©mon Go 2,but last I heard of PoGo was the disastrous event in Chicago, and the release of the legendary bird trio + Lugia. Not sure what they’ll do in the future besides release the rest of the legendaries.