Reviewing Kardkases with Bob Ross

So a lot of people have asked what cases are best for storing PSA graded cards. The regular cardboard cases work well if you want to go the cheaper route, but I recently purchased one of the bulkier and well built pelican cases off ebay for storing collectables and valuables.

It’s suppose to be dust proof, water resistant, and features 4 clamps and 2 holes for locks with customizable foam inserts. I linked the one featured in my fun video below.

www.ebay.com/itm/CERTIFIED-Waterproof-Cards-Graded-Storage-Box-Display-Case-Pelican-PSA-BVS-BGS/232233713212

I decided it would be good fun to review and show the case off a bit in a video titled “The Joy of Pokemon”. Who doesn’t love Bob Ross???

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E7v6B2i_oM

2 Likes

Great review! How many cards can you fit in a single row?

Look at the smile on the Shiny Steelix face. Doesn’t he look happy? Lmao. Nice review.

I like these kind of cases, I use something similar. For the aussies out there so you don’t need to pay stupid shipping costs getting something so large from overseas this is what I went with as it’s a domestic seller cablesafeonline.com.au/shop/gearsafe-gs-020-impact-case-2/

That size I linked holds about 180-200 cards standing upright in 4 rows of 45ish.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. Its a way better price than i was expecting too!

I would have to check exact numbers since I don’t live where I store the cards, but it’s at least 25-30 per row for sure in my video. I also still have extra foam to cut still, so it can fit more. Possibly around 50ish+ per column.

It would fit 4 columns “IF” I got 2 sections of customizable foam and stored them vertically standing instead. I think I will do that next fall to maximize space. Bottom line is it stores a good amount of cards and allows you to easily carry them around. Perfect for valuable card carrying and protects from minor flooding and damages.

Looks like a typical gun case. Latching hard plastic water resistant case with customizable foam inserts. In your video you keep it on a flat surface. If you picked it up and moved it around would the cards fall out of the slots and be loose within the case?

What is the difference between that case and this one: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E2217I6
Seems to be the same idea and you could hold a lot more cards for less.

You’re right that it looks very similar and you probably can put PSA cards in the gun case, but there are a few differences.

The handle is larger on mine and mine is deeper. Your case will not allow for storing the cards vertically “I think”. I could be wrong, but when I checked mine it was snug if I wanted to store them that way.

Second, the price is not that far off from the case you linked. The cost included best offer option, so I believe he comes down about 10 bucks to make a sale.

Last, it’s probably more or less personal preference. This was marketed for cards and yours for a gun. I’m sure they can both do the job. I have not tested yet if the cards can fall out. I think they can move within their own column if it is not full, but the foam comes right down on top, so I think they will be kept in place pretty well. I don’t think many of us will swing the case around too much though if we do transport it.

1 Like

Sorry to ruin this guy’s business but you can get that same cheap Chinese case off Alibaba for $30 ($50-60 less):

www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Wonderful-safety-equipment-case-Plastic-Suitcase_60834533566.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.220.6a4555bekOrpD5

Just kidding, not actually sorry, the dude’s pictures in his ebay listing are completely misleading/deceptive - the case will simply not close if you put them in vertically (as you mention in your video), which means there’s no way you’re getting 170 PSA cases in there unless you strip out all of the foam.

That’s a nice find! Good thing mine was an Xmas present. Yes, you are correct about the foam. The only way they all go in vertically is if you buy 2 layers of customizable foam. They can fit then, but the psa cards will sit on plastic bottom then.

Just following up on this one that I bought if any aussies were thinking about it, you don’t need to buy extra foam, you actually need to trim to top layer of foam (it’s over an inch thick iirc) to make room for the cards to stand upright comfortably. They will stand up without trimming it but it was too snug for my liking … but yeah you can fit them upright with foam on the top & bottom no worries.