Graded Card Storage Options

Im just curious to her some suggestions on how everyone stores their graded cards (PSA or BGS) being that currently im debating on switching my own method to something more compact. Currently I use slotted boxes from BCW at the moment for my PSA ones, and for BGS theyre just in a regular BCW box seeing as I only have a few of those, but I was looking to find something a bit nicer which could fit a decent amount in a single unit (preferably a case that locks, or just something nice) being that the boxes I have only fit 25 per box, and I would prefer something a bit different and more presentable. Googling options I cant seem to find any ones that stand out through recommendation, so I figured id ask here to see what others use and where I could maybe purchase said set up. Anyways, thanks in advance and I appreciate the help!

A lot of people here plug this case:

www.ebay.com/itm/Graded-Card-Storage-Boxes-PSA-BGS-SGC-by-LIONGoods/131009988448?hash=item1e80cdc760:g:DIoAAOxyVX1RxZZE

I just recently got into bcw boxes and love their stuff.

3 Likes

@thane which ones did you get from bcw?! The slotted ones? I honestly really enjoy them a bunch, but with more and more graded cards coming in for me I just would like something a bit more compact, and the box you posted was actually the one I was trying to locate after I saw it in one of Smprattes older vids.

The only thing that gets me with that box is how if a row isent filled the cards might fall forward. Thats a big problem for a lot of my loose single card storage boxes, and I have to use gift tissue paper to plug up the rest of the empty space so it gets annoying. But if the cards stay snug and up without the roaw having to be completely filled then I might give that one a go!

www.ebay.com/itm/BCW-GRADED-SHOE-BOX-for-Graded-Cards-PSA-BECKETT/272619901319?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I use these, they’re way too expensive for what they are imo, but I can’t find anything comparable for the quality and design. They easily hold about 100 cards each and I leave a little room in each row so that I can easily flip through them. I’d recommend them but let me know if you find anything cheaper with similar design haha

1 Like

@thane ah I gotcha! I use those (or the shoebox smaller version) for my modern cards in toploaders, but currently I use these for graded cards:
www.bcwsupplies.com/slotted-graded-card-box

Also, for reference, if you by bcw boxes in box through them, theres free shipping over $80 so you could order tons of those boxes for much cheaper than the 13 on ebay! If you dont go over though, the shipping cost is a bit ridiculous, but yeah If i come across anything else or if others chime in here about other choices ill be sure to let you know!

1 Like

@dizzle24
If your graded card collection is relatively small like mine I’d highly suggest choice like this. Overall design has changed little bit compared to my purchase 5 years ago.

www.ebay.com/itm/Black-SKB-2011-7B-Case-with-foam-Includes-Pelican-1510-foam-set-with-foam/292984644027?epid=691138062&hash=item44373ee1bb:g:aI8AAOSwmtJXZsAs
Maybe not the best way to showcase stuff but it is great way to combat all 4 seasons of the year and if/when you have move whole collection somewhere you’re ready to go. :blush:

1 Like

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F402064816960

I use one of these, psa fit nicely though beckets are a bit wider not as nice

1 Like

See, I tried grabbing 2 other pull and pluck cases (one was from this store harbor fright, which had a budget pelican case and the other i forgot where i got it) but the foam was just such a pain to mess with that I gave up on them and switched to the boxes. I should have prefaced with that, but i never actually tried a pelican, which might be a better option seeing as its such a trusted brand to begin with. How was your experience with the foam and making rows and such, and did you ever have the issue of putting cards in and then the foam would tear off from being weakly held in?

This is actually my current situation for them, but the more cards I have graded now the boxes are starting to pile up haha. Theyre fantastically simple which is what i love, but im just looking to see if theres any case-esq type of a thing just to keep around that can house a good chunk of my favorites :blush:

@dizzle24
Shaping the foam layers is really nice experience, naturally some pieces of fluff will come out during use but nothing major issues so far. I forgot to mention it also helds BGS cards really well, quality product.

1 Like

Ill definitely look into it then! Couldnt have been worse than the dry cheapo ones I got haha, but i really appreciate your input!

KardKases have been recommended to me. They are a little more secure in how they lock and they are waterproof and dustproof. It looks like a nice option for more expensive cards that aren’t quite expensive enough to put in a safe. I have not tried this product yet, though.

1 Like

@deltazero so I just gave those a look and this was something i noticed in my rounds of searching around for cases which is that these cases are essentially over priced versions of other cases you could buy. Not to knock them in the least (definitely not my intention here!) but take a look at this store Harbor Fright and look at their gun cases (theyre called Apache i believe) and they seem to offer the same exact thing, just the insides usually are a tiny bit different with them having the pluck and pull foam not cut to size, or sometimes different offerings in the inner case. That being said, i mentioned above how i tried these and the foam was so easily ripped out and torn to where i fyou accidentally place some cards in a slot, the foam could potentially rip and then you have a destroyed wall area. i ended up returning a few cases due to this reason alone, and these ones seem similar just without the case label on the outside.
www.kardkases.com/product/travel-graded-card-storage-box-display-case-holder-psa-sgc-bgs-one-touch-copy/
www.harborfreight.com/1800-weatherproof-protective-case-9-316-in-63518.html

theres links to compare examples of one of the cases, but these are exactly the same hands down lol. That being said, it could still possibly be a better option because maybe the foam is of better quality (which is possible) but i just doubt it seeing as thats how their making money on said cases is by having them already cut to fit. Regardless, im still going to look more into them and i appreciate the input!

1 Like