Which storage box for PSA graded cards?

Hello everyone
I want to buy storage boxes because I think they are the best way to store PSA graded cards. There are several on ebay that are basically built the same - except for the hinges.
For example these two:

www.ebay.de/itm/Graded-Card-Storage-Boxes-PSA-BGS-SGC-by-LIONGoods/131009988448?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

www.ebay.de/itm/Graded-Card-Storage-Boxes-MJ-Roop-Archivers-PSA-BGS-Sgc/273038357434?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Does anyone have anything to share concerning the quality (for example concerning hinges) of different suppliers of storage boxes? I’m looking for quality, not for what’s the cheapest.
Thanks!

1 Like

The first one sold over 800 so may be more popular so I’d go with that.

3 Likes

Those are great and many people are happy with them. I myself started with a large Pelican style case made by Turtle Case that holds over 200 cards after custom fitting the pull-away foam so they fit the cards perfectly. I don’t see the exact one I bought on their website because it looks like they have been slightly redesigned since I bought mine at a local head shop quite a while back. I eventually outgrew the single case so I bought another one and did the same thing. What’s cool about the ones with the pull-away foam is you can get another block of foam and start over if you want to store something different such as camera equipment, booster boxes, glass, or anything really. For long term storage and easy access I prefer BCW cardboard boxes. I still have the big cases and they are great if I need to move a lot of cards at once but the cardboard boxes are so easy to pull out if I want to go digging for certain cards and you just can’t beat the price plus they make several different sizes so if you don’t have a ton of cards that might be more suitable. The pelican cases provide the best protection, have wheels, a retractable handle, and can be locked but on the downside they are bulky and harder to store.

1 Like

@not Zelda Gilroy: You are right, the sells are a good indicator.
@tem4elf: Interesting. Something to think about.

Thanks guys

Good question, I’d like to know as well.

I have bought the first box and am pleased with it. It holds about 132 graded cards.

Hey thank you for the cardboard box link. I’ve been wanting something like this and I never did really go deep into looking for it. I will probably do a Pelican case (or more likely the Monoprice equivalent: www.monoprice.com/category?c_id=117&cp_id=11703&cs_id=1170305)) for the higher value cards. No need to go name brand. :wink:

Yeah, no need for name brand with those. I got my cases for around $200 and they sell them for $300+ on the website. They aren’t hot items at stores so usually they’re on sale.

I just keep all of my PSA graded cards in a large pile outside…

3 Likes