Real vs Fake Booster Pack Comparison & More

Hello all! :blush:
I recently picked up a fake Jungle Booster Pack to compare it to a real one to help myself and others identify fake WOTC era booster packs. Although i think it is rare to see these fake packs on the market it would sting to pay full price for a vintage booster only to receive a fake and not know it especially with prices increasing.

If anyone has anything to contribute to this please feel free to add to it!

There’s a full imgur album of comparisons between the 2 jungle booster packs here:

imgur.com/gallery/PeLKpCD#gh8myhW,

I hope we can build up a good amount of information of fake booster packs here, So far the main giveaway on all these fake packs is the top or bottom seal being noticeable different.

**------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Fakes

BASE SET FAKES

BASE SET 2 FAKES

NEO DESTINY FAKES

NEO GENESIS FAKES

BASE SET BOOSTER BOX FAKE

BASE SET BOX WITH FAKE WOTC WRAPPER

FAKE CARDS INSIDE OF JUNGLE PACK

FAKE CARDS INSIDE NEO DESTINY PACK

FAKE CARDS INSIDE OF BASE SET BOOSTER BOX (NO WOTCWRAPPER)

For scans of real booster packs i recommend checking
Bulbapedia
Select the set name you are looking for, Then scroll down for scans of the packs.

FAKED PSA GRADED CARDS
Everything on the below link is fake! If the website is still available off the archive do not purchase anything from there.

web.archive.org/web/20210422223756/https://truetcg.shop/

Useful efour threads about fakes
Fakes are getting out of hand
Fake Japanese Neo 2 Discovery packs on ebay
PSA Potential Fake Stamp - Resolved
Fake Neo Gen Japanese Box on PokeRev Youtube
Fake BGS Slabs Surfaced?
Fake PSA Cards: Fake Cards, Cases & Labels

10 Likes

Good catch. Thanks for the resource.

1 Like

Great post, would you happen to have opened one to show comparisons of the cards inside?

1 Like

Thanks! i have not opened the one i have yet but i found a picture of the cards that are inside.
I don’t think the cards themselves would fool anyone, especially the HOLO. But it’s the first time i have seen these myself to be honest & they seem different to the fakes i have seen in the past that have lots of spelling errors.

4 Likes

That holo pattern is actually pretty cool.

1 Like

Found some more fake packs for sale that look very similar to the Jungle one i found.
Added to OP

As you can probably see from the background in the pics, This guy has a ton of fake boosters.
Same seal as the Jungle pack, I currently do not have a photo of the cards inside

I purchased a fake base booster box 10 months ago. The seller, from Saudi Arabia, said he had found about 30 of these banged up boxes in a warehouse and they had been there since 2001. All sold in a few days for $200 each and I was lucky enough to get one. Here’s a few pics he shared:

The box I recieved was in much better condition than advertised.
I figured I would buy this as I would never have a chance at buying the real deal, and I heard some people like collecting fakes.
I sometimes search the sold listings to see if anyone has sold theirs… have not found any.

2 Likes

I remembered the seller kindly gave me and extra 6 boosters, 5 of which were from another lot of Base Set 2 boxes he sold.
@pikachutcg, trade you Fearow for Marowak? xD

Guess which is the fake base booster…

1 Like

Thanks for the pics! I have added them to the OP.
You can tell for sure which ones are the fakes in that photo but if you were a shady seller uploading low quality photos and the buyer didn’t have a real one to compare it might slip past which is sad. At least with the photos in this thread someone who is sceptical of a purchase can compare with the fakes posted here. I recently saw some of these fakes sell on eBay for full legit prices unfortunately…

They look like a different generation of fakes too

1 Like

First edition base set 2 fakes

1 Like

Man, that Fearow with star holo pattern looks so cool lol

1 Like

Found an image of the cards that are inside the fake Neo Destiny boosters
Added to OP

Hey I just bought a base set booster pack. Everything lines up great and it looks good but there’s a faint smell of glue/adhesive or something coming from under the back crimp flap thing. Is this smell normal? I know I sound kind of ridiculous but what are these packs suppose to smell like? lol

Am I being paranoid?

Someone have Examples for Fake Vintage japanese Booster Packs? are there different hints to spot fake boosters or is it like mirrowing the english indicators ?

PokeRev has opened a fake Neo 1 box last year and made a comparison video of fake vs real:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=23xyO3Lot_0

2 Likes

Muk its insane how on point you are with Advise ^^ much appreciated!

2 Likes
3 Likes

I just archived the recent fake PSA & Booster Box website that was shared for future reference.

Everything on the below link is fake! If the website is still available off the archive do not purchase anything from there.

web.archive.org/web/20210422223756/https://truetcg.shop/

Link to efour thread
www.elitefourum.com/t/fakes-are-getting-out-of-hand/32506/1

Edit:
Fake alert - feel free to report all listings
(right click and open image for bigger view if ebay links are dead)

Fake PSA Zard - www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353479108968?hash=item524cff2968:g:0V8AAOSwAntgjoJF

Fake Base Set Booster Box - www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353480718284?hash=item524d17b7cc:g:HKsAAOSwwoFgkBM4

Fake Base Set 2 Booster Packs - www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353478896069?hash=item524cfbe9c5:g:9jMAAOSw5WVgjkQ5

1 Like